shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on j color in halo setting

sn0rky

Rough_Rock
I purchased a diamond and setting from ritani. But I'm questioning if there is too much color in the center stone for this ring. I'm leaning towards going up in color some.

Here are ring specs
1.84 rb vvs2 j 3x med flour

It was difficult to get good photos, but the side view shows the difference in color.

uploadfromtaptalk1437669107786.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1437669169808.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1437669183231.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1437669205849.jpg

danielxlin

Shiny_Rock
Looks damn good to me. But I like warm centers in icy halos.

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
You can do a search and find plenty of J colors in Halo's here- I have one also! Really bright white, full cut melee can make the difference more pronounced- I have slightly lower color (h/i) single cut and there is no difference, any time, in any light.

If you have the funds to change your main stone and it is really bothering you, that is always an option. if it bothers you now it will probably just bother you even more with time. But you do have options other than just trading out the center stone.

Good luck!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
dollyanjuli|1437670525|3906544 said:
if it bothers you now it will probably just bother you even more with time.

Good luck!

I think that you ring is beautiful, wow- beautiful. I can see the warmth in the center in your photos. I have an 'I' in a halo with colorless melee (full cut). I can see the warmth in my center, too, but, thankfully, I love my center stone and the warmth I can perceive does not bother me in the least.

So, this is about you and your own taste, and, I would agree with dollyanjilu in that if it is something that bothers you now, it will continue to bother you with time, so, if you can go up in color, you ought to consider doing so.

The only caveat is just to make sure that it is not worrying about what others might think, and going with what you yourself find beautiful. People looking at your ring will be wowed with how gorgeous it is, not think to themselves that it is an off-color diamond.

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! Love it. I have a J haloed in H stones and I love it.

solgen

Brilliant_Rock
There's a noticeable color difference IMO. If it perturbs you then I'd look for another center.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
I can see the warmth in your stone, but I find it to be a really lovely ring! As previously mentioned, it just comes down to how color sensitive you are. I do think if it's bothering you now then it will probably continue to be something that bothers you more over time.

sn0rky

Rough_Rock
Thx for the help. I'll likely look for a new stone

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results