shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on I color and medium flourescence

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shearo

Rough_Rock
Being a techni I get drawn towards numbers, and in the case of diamonds all of the angles and measurements, therefore I would like to get a H&A stone. My concern is whether or not stones of I color are just a bit too yellow with in platinum ring? Also I read on this sites FAQ that flourescence specifically blue can cancel out the yellow in most lighting conditions. However I also read that strong blue can be bad, what about medium blue?

Specifically
Table 55.3
Depth 61
Pav 40.8
Crown 34.3
Cutlet 0.2
HCI of 0.9
VVS2, I color, 1.07ct

In the Brilliance Scope it looks really good.

Thanks VERY much for the comments.
Shearo

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Medium blue ought to compliment this stone, not hurt it.The HCA reading is excellent.

shearo

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the comment! Also I forgot to mention that the ring will have two saphires on either side of it so I'm assuming the yellow will be drained by those two as well?

Shearo

ladyluck

Rough_Rock
Blue and yellow are contrasting colors bringing out a white appearance. I am assuming that the blue sapphires will also offset the yellow in the stone.

You may want to just place the stone in a platinum setting before having it set and compare it to other stones.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results