shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on emerald cut?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
I am looking for an Asscher cut (not a Royal..too expensive!) stone and I''ve come across this emerald cut. I haven''t actually seen the stone yet but I will in the next few days. Here are the numbers:

GIA
Emerald cut
5.10 ct
10.51 x 9.40 x 5.93
Depth - 63.1%
Table - 67%
Girdle - Medium
Culet - None
Polish - Excellent
Symmetry - Excellent
Clarity - VS2
Color - F
Fluorescence - None

Can an expert tell me about how much I should pay for this little bauble? And what you truly think of this stone? I know it has to be seen but what about the numbers? HELP!
eek.gif

Thank you in advance!
9.gif

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I probably is not cut like an Ascher cut. Those are typically deeper stones with smaller tables and wide cut corners. What you have may be a super stone, but miscalled as an Asscher.

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks David! It's not labeled as an Asscher, just an emerald cut. It seems square but I guess it's not square enough to be called a square emerald cut. Only in my dreams would it look just like a Royal Asscher...but hey, a girl can dream right?!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 10/3/2004 5:20:35 PM didiamond wrote:

It seems square but I guess it's not square enough to be called a square emerald cut. Only in my dreams would it look just like a Royal Asscher...

----------------

Well, GIA calls diamonds with length / width between 1 and 1.05 "square". This one's ratio is 1.11 so it would be called "rectangular". It always remains the question if you like the shape and the stone whatever it's name might be.

Given the numbers I somewhat doubt it would look like an antique piece. But, it could be nice and you might like it. There may not be dozens of diamonds like that one in every store, but it sounds sensible to get an see a few options before buying one.
read.gif

You may find these two examples below interesting:

a classic Asscher and another It does not have to be the RA brand to have "the look", IMO.

How about THIS and This. At least the numbers leave more hope for the respective 'small table' profile.

There are not too many square emeralds with 'excellent' symmetry and anywhere "Asscherish" (sorry, the word does not exist) proportions. NiceIce brings in Ex-Ex square emeralds around here, but, well, a large one like this will need to be ordered almost anywhere.

Just my 0.2, of course.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I can't give you expert advice but for what it's worth, I have seen "square" ECs and LOVE them. I really do think they are special looking stones and somewhat "unexpected."
1.gif

In one of my diamond fantasies, I have a 2 ct square emerald in each ear.
3.gif
9.gif
love.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
didi, could i come and live at your house?
1.gif
2.gif

can't wait to see this new addition to the collection!
1.gif

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Valeria...Those asschers you had me look at are beautiful. Don't worry, I already have it in my head that this isn't going to be "the" one. I wish...but I'm trying to be realistic here. I guess if I really want one that looks close to the Royal Asscher then I'm truly going to have to be patient. I was excited when I got a copy of the GIA but I need to feast my eyes on it to see if it makes my heart go pitter patter. I'm also considering a traditional emerald cut if I cannot find a square EC. Again, I have to compare "looks" to know which one I really want. Thanks for replying.

Jennifer..I'd take one for each ear too!
9.gif
You think maybe I could swing that for x-mas if I get this stone before? Hmmmmm...now the brain is in motion!
naughty.gif

Sure reena...come on over! Now know that the collection will diminish by 2 when I decide to do this (the pear and the emerald).

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Di, knock yourself out because I sure as h*ll ain't gettin' them.
2.gif

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Never say never!!!! Anything is possible (atleast I like to think so...even though it may not be true!!!!
8.gif
).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results