shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JT653

Rough_Rock
Hi All - this forum has been a great reference and I thank all of the contributors for the help they have provided me. I have a diamond I found online through the recommendations of this forum that I would love opinions on. Stats are as follows:

Carat: 1.36
Color: I
Clarity: VS1
Cut: H&A (AGS Ideal 0)
Depth:61.9%
Table:54.1%
Polish & Symmetry: Excellent
Girdle: Thin to Medium
Crown Angle: 34.5 dg
Pavilion angle: 41.0 dg

I ran it on HCA and got a 1.9. The price is around $7,800. I have been looking for something between 1.35 and 1.5 Carats, H&A cut quality for under $9k. I was willing to go down to clarity of SI1 and Color I. This fits the bill. I couldn''t find much else out there in the price range.

Any comments on this are greatly appreciated. It seems to be a decent deal but I want to make sure I am not missing anything. We looked at comparable stones in some local stores and they were much, much higher. Thanks again for all of the great info!

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks good to me.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/17/2009 2:50:40 PM
Author:JT653
Hi All - this forum has been a great reference and I thank all of the contributors for the help they have provided me. I have a diamond I found online through the recommendations of this forum that I would love opinions on. Stats are as follows:

Carat: 1.36
Color: I
Clarity: VS1
Cut: H&A (AGS Ideal 0)
Depth:61.9%
Table:54.1%
Polish & Symmetry: Excellent
Girdle: Thin to Medium
Crown Angle: 34.5 dg
Pavilion angle: 41.0 dg

I ran it on HCA and got a 1.9. The price is around $7,800. I have been looking for something between 1.35 and 1.5 Carats, H&A cut quality for under $9k. I was willing to go down to clarity of SI1 and Color I. This fits the bill. I couldn't find much else out there in the price range.

Any comments on this are greatly appreciated. It seems to be a decent deal but I want to make sure I am not missing anything. We looked at comparable stones in some local stores and they were much, much higher. Thanks again for all of the great info!
Does the diamond have an AGS Diamond Quality Document or Diamond Quality Report? Also if it is being sold as a hearts and arrows cut do you have images for the hearts and arrows in order to evaluate the cut precision?

Do you have the diameter measurement also please?

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Correct call, Lorelei,

If the stone has AGS graded excellent polish and symmetry, it cannot have an AGS ideal cut-grade.

Or it is a vendor''s cut-grade, just like the H&A is. In that case, you want more information.

Live long,

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results