shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on Diamond w/out Idealscope or ASET

sigma852

Rough_Rock
Hello all,

I am currently in the process of looking for a diamond for an e-ring and was hoping to get your thoughts on a particular diamond. Unfortunately I am unable to get any Idealscope or ASET images for this particular diamond from the vendor prior to purchasing.

I greatly appreciate any help and advice that you can offer!

Specs:

Carat - 1.75
Color - H
Clarity - VS1
Depth - 60.5%
Table - 58%
Crown Angle - 35%
Pavilion Angle - 40.6%

giareport_3.jpg giaclarity.jpg ld07879568.jpg

ChristineRose

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The picture looks good and it scores well on the HCA.

Is there a reason you wish to buy from this vendor? There are certainly other vendors who would be more helpful.

Who graded the diamond? There is normally no reason to buy a diamond without an AGS or GIA certificate.

In any case, never buy from a vendor without a good return policy.

sigma852

Rough_Rock
ChristineRose|1481046804|4105185 said:
The picture looks good and it scores well on the HCA.

Is there a reason you wish to buy from this vendor? There are certainly other vendors who would be more helpful.

Who graded the diamond? There is normally no reason to buy a diamond without an AGS or GIA certificate.

In any case, never buy from a vendor without a good return policy.

Sorry I completely forgot to add that in the original post. The diamond is a GIA certified diamond.

The diamond was originally listed with USA Cert, but after talking to Martin he was not able to find it in his system. After some searching I was able to find it listed on Blue Nile. I tried to get Ideal-Scope and ASET images, but with no success.

ChristineRose

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ah got, it.

The first question is whether Blue Nile can actually get you the stone. If USA Cert can't get it, there's a very good chance it's been sold.

It is a very safe stone, and BN has a return policy, so I think you should buy it.

Buying from BN as opposed to other vendors can be more of a hassle, and is not a good choice if you are looking for that elusive eye clean SI2. But for a safe stone, it's a good choice. Keep in mind that if you send too many stones back they will blacklist you. But it's unlikely that you will need to send this one back.

sigma852

Rough_Rock
I appreciate your feedback ChristineRose.

After talking to a couple different of their consultants and that they put this diamond on hold for me since I requested for the magnified image, I have confidence that they do have the stone (obviously I hope I'm not wrong).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results