shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on diamond greatly appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bradfomj

Rough_Rock
I am considering the following diamond. I am somewhat acquainted with the son of the diamond seller, and he offered me a good price (he said) on the following diamond. It was priced at $10,750 and he said he''d give it to me for $10,000. I am new to diamonds and don''t know how much to trust the guy I''m buying it from (although he seems honest and has good reputation). I am somewhat worried about the I color, but compared to a G that I was also looking it, they looked very similar. Would you go with this one. I thought it looked nice. I just want my soon to be fiance to agree. Thanks for any help.

GIA Cert# 12983804

Round Brilliant
Meas - 7.88-7.93 x 4.75 mm
Weight 1.82 carats
Depth - 60.1%
Table - 59%
Girdle - thin to medium
Cutlet - none
polish/sym - Ex/Gd
Clarity - VS2
Color - I
Fluor - None

Results from Sarin test
Diam - 7.88
Depth - 4.77 60.5%
Crown - 35.5 14.5% 0
Pavil - 40.5 42.5% 0
Table - 4.67m 59.3% 1
Cutlet - 0.1% None 0
Girdle - 1.9% (1.5 - 2.4)%

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
good price and the hca says it could be a very good performer with a score of 1.
It isnt a super-ideal but it isnt priced like one either.
If you like the looks of it snag it.

Magnum

Shiny_Rock
Looks like a fair price and with those numbers, it has the potential to be a nice "60/60" diamond with some good fire. But you're lucky enough to see it with your own eyes and make that determination. if you can, try to find a local store with ideal cut stones (something like Hearts on Fire) and see how the stone's light performance compares. As far as the I color, that's a personal preference, and comparing it next to ideal cut stones of different colors is a good idea. A lot of people here say I colored stones should look very white face-up set in platinum or white gold. For a more definitive second opinion, a good independent appraiser can help give you a good idea on the quality of the stone and a fair price.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results