shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions On Cushion Cut PLease

dmndnwb

Rough_Rock
I am currently looking for a antique style cushion cut. I have contacted one of ps recommended vendors and was given theses three options. I have no clue what to look for when purchasing a antique style cushion cut. All three of these diamonds fit within my range for size,clarity, and color. As for the rest of what the certification tells me I have no clue whats good, bad, or indifferent. I am hoping the knowledgeable people of this forum can give me some pointers or recommendations. What would you choose based on these certifications?
Thanks for all the help!!!

img115.jpg

img114.jpg

img116.jpg

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reports don't really help with cushions unfortunatlly. We are going to need to see photos in order to properly judge them. Here is a link to Jonathan at www.goodoldgold.com videos that will help you decide what type of vintage cushion you are searching for. They cut their aug. vintage cushions which are inspired by the antique style but cut for optical light performances. Also you can check www.jewelsbyericagrace.com and check out their rings with cushions in them and watch their videos for their different stones. The GOG link should have a AVC comparison for color and if you're considering a halo they have a comparison video for that as well. Here you go!

http://www.vimeo.com/diamondinfo/videos/search:cushion/sort:newest

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
VL is right. A cert without photos on a cushion isn't enough to give you any feedback. Can you get photos of the stones and/or ask for a video of them side by side? My hunch is that one will stand out more than the others.

dmndnwb

Rough_Rock
Hey guys thanks for the reply's. I was able to acquire some pictures. From what I can see I like the .84ct and the .90h vs2. Does the .90h si1 look more like a modern cut??? What is your opinion? Which one would you choose?

.90 h si1 left .84 e vs2 middle .90 h vs2 right

Upclose of the .84 e vs2

90 HSI on Left  E in middle  .90 HVS2 on right.jpg

84 EVS2.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results