shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on Cushion Cut Eternity Band from IDJ

ClassicSAC

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Today I got two quotes for a cushion cut eternity band to wear with my Tiffany & Co. Soleste cushion cut engagement ring. I want a bolder wedding band to wear with it instead of the smaller band I had that you really didn't notice. I contacted Jonna at IDJ and also got a quote from Victor Canera. Jonna was very responsive and even sent me photos of what it would look like with a halo ring. IDJ quoted me over 2k less than Victor. Has anyone worked with Jonna before? The ring would be special order and not returnable so I want to make sure I am 100% sure on it. I am looking at 3.0 carats, 15 point cushion cut stones, F color, VS1 clarity in a shared prong setting, platinum. The price quoted is $4,860. Victor's quote is $7,695. Any opinions or thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Everyone I know has a round shared prong eternity band so I am looking to do something different.

ClassicSAC

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Today I got two quotes for a cushion cut eternity band to wear with my Tiffany & Co. Soleste cushion cut engagement ring. I want a bolder wedding band to wear with it instead of the smaller band I had that you really didn't notice. I contacted Jonna at IDJ and also got a quote from Victor Canera. Jonna was very responsive and even sent me photos of what it would look like with a halo ring. IDJ quoted me over 2k less than Victor. Has anyone worked with Jonna before? The ring would be special order and not returnable so I want to make sure I am 100% sure on it. I am looking at 3.0 carats, 15 point cushion cut stones, F color, VS1 clarity in a shared prong setting, platinum. The price quoted is $4,860. Victor's quote is $7,695. Any opinions or thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Everyone I know has a round shared prong eternity band so I am looking to do something different.

Here is the photo that was sent to me from Jonna. NOTE: This ring is a 3.5 carat and is wider than my ring would be.
423FB13E-5232-4CDF-B7CF-833B7576ACAC.jpeg

Here are photos of my engagement ring and also my engagement ring with an anniversary band.

C655FB03-96DB-4684-BF12-E5DE72077A15.jpeg 2BE67B98-B582-4660-96B5-A47EACB469E1.jpeg

Last edited:

ClassicSAC

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Here is the photo that was sent to me from Jonna.

Here are photos of my engagement ring and also my engagement ring with an anniversary band.

C655FB03-96DB-4684-BF12-E5DE72077A15.jpeg 2BE67B98-B582-4660-96B5-A47EACB469E1.jpeg

For reference, my five stone anniversary band has 20 pointer stones, H color, VS2 clarity. My new ring would have smaller 15 point stones in it. Since my cushion cut stone is an E color, I really want F or G color stones in my band. I am very sensitive to color in diamonds and also the pickiest when it comes to my jewelry!

Last edited:

ClassicSAC

Shiny_Rock
Premium
For reference, my five stone anniversary band has 20 pointer stones, H color, VS2 clarity. My new ring would have smaller 15 point stones in it. Since my cushion cut stone is an E color, I really want F or G color stones in my band. I am very sensitive to color in diamonds and also the pickiest when it comes to my jewelry!

Another photo from IDJ. Just an example.
4A81B969-12E3-4290-8197-8F96F056ECA1.jpeg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you're color sensitive, you may notice the differences between the color of your stone and the color of the band. What color is the melee in your ring? I'd go with that color to set the tone.

ClassicSAC

Shiny_Rock
Premium
If you're color sensitive, you may notice the differences between the color of your stone and the color of the band. What color is the melee in your ring? I'd go with that color to set the tone.

The melee in my band is F which is the color that they will use in the cushion cut band. My center stone is E color.

amillionstars

Rough_Rock
Your ring is stunning! I worked with Jonna in November on my first IDJ purchase for an anniversary band and she was responsive, professional and great to work with. In fact I contacted her this week to start working on another project. I hope that helps a bit. Can't wait to see what you end up going with!

ClassicSAC

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Your ring is stunning! I worked with Jonna in November on my first IDJ purchase for an anniversary band and she was responsive, professional and great to work with. In fact I contacted her this week to start working on another project. I hope that helps a bit. Can't wait to see what you end up going with!

Thank you! It is a preowned Tiffany Soleste so we got it at a great price! Love my ring!!! I will post my decision and photos when it arrives.

amillionstars

Rough_Rock
Thank you! It is a preowned Tiffany Soleste so we got it at a great price! Love my ring!!! I will post my decision and photos when it arrives.

It truly is gorgeous! I really did have a great experience with Jonna and IDJ so I wanted to share that with you. I know there are several wonderful jewelers to shop among so it can be quite the process. Best to you and excited to see pics!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too had a good experience with IDJ for a diamond band. I would not hesitate to save the money and go with them. I worked with Yekutiel and Luann though. Everyone there is pretty great.

ClassicSAC

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I too had a good experience with IDJ for a diamond band. I would not hesitate to save the money and go with them. I worked with Yekutiel and Luann though. Everyone there is pretty great.

Thanks!

sln

Rough_Rock
Here is the photo that was sent to me from Jonna. NOTE: This ring is a 3.5 carat and is wider than my ring would be.

What are the specs of your soleste?

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
I cannot speak on owning a piece from either. I’ve just read good reviews about both vendors.
I was actually thinking of contacting IDJ in the fall for a wedding band. I’m after the Tiffany Embrace look unless I get the real deal.

ClassicSAC

Shiny_Rock
Premium
What are the specs of your soleste?

The cushion cut center stone is 1.02 and the side stones add an additional .35 carat weight.

Reactions: sln

ClassicSAC

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I cannot speak on owning a piece from either. I’ve just read good reviews about both vendors.
I was actually thinking of contacting IDJ in the fall for a wedding band. I’m after the Tiffany Embrace look unless I get the real deal.

The Tiffany Embrace eternity band is my first choice. I have been looking for a preowned one in my size. I don’t want to spend the money on a custom band and then wish I had waited for the real deal.

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
The Tiffany Embrace eternity band is my first choice. I have been looking for a preowned one in my size. I don’t want to spend the money on a custom band and then wish I had waited for the real deal.
Perhaps save so you can get the Embrace especially if that’s your first choice? I’m heavily considering it myself, but we are also planning a wedding so not sure of that expense atm. But I have time so I’m in no rush to buy yet.

ClassicSAC

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Perhaps save so you can get the Embrace especially if that’s your first choice? I’m heavily considering it myself, but we are also planning a wedding so not sure of that expense atm. But I have time so I’m in no rush to buy yet.

After thinking about it all weekend, I have decided to wait and save for the Embrace. My five year wedding anniversary is next summer so hopefully I can get one then. Do you want the full eternity band?

Reactions: AV_

ClassicSAC

Shiny_Rock
Premium

FYI, I have a gorgeous five stone diamond band that my hubby gave me for our one year anniversary. It is from Blue Nile but has fiery stones, H, VS2 and surprisingly it fits with my Soleste. One of my friends loves my current band with the Soleste so I will wear that combination for now.

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
After thinking about it all weekend, I have decided to wait and save for the Embrace. My five year wedding anniversary is next summer so hopefully I can get one then. Do you want the full eternity band?
Not full eternity. This is our second marriage. My first wedding band was a beautiful full eternity and while I love the look I won’t buy a full ring again. As the years go on my fingers swell lol and those rings can’t be resized. I just want half eternity this time around.

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
FYI, I have a gorgeous five stone diamond band that my hubby gave me for our one year anniversary. It is from Blue Nile but has fiery stones, H, VS2 and surprisingly it fits with my Soleste. One of my friends loves my current band with the Soleste so I will wear that combination for now.
That ring sounds beautiful! I also love the 5 year Anniversary idea and make new ring more special/meaningful.

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock

Love your ring and the fact that it’s preowned perhaps I’ll look in that direction for the Embrace. They hold their value tho. So perhaps will go retail route. We’ll see...

ClassicSAC

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Love your ring and the fact that it’s preowned perhaps I’ll look in that direction for the Embrace. They hold their value tho. So perhaps will go retail route. We’ll see...

My preowned ring came from a vendor on eBay and I highly recommend Marc at Blue Chip Jewelry or Wabash Jewelers, also on eBay. What size do you want the stones to be? The Embrace comes in three sizes; .91 TCW stones are .13 band width 3.5, .57 TCW stones are .09 band width 3 mm, .27 TCW stones are .04 band width 2.2 mm. All are stunning and very low prong set setting!

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
My preowned ring came from a vendor on eBay and I highly recommend Marc at Blue Chip Jewelry or Wabash Jewelers, also on eBay. What size do you want the stones to be? The Embrace comes in three sizes; .91 TCW stones are .13 band width 3.5, .57 TCW stones are .09 band width 3 mm, .27 TCW stones are .04 band width 2.2 mm. All are stunning and very low prong set setting!

Thanks for the recs! Probably the 2.2 mm. I have a 1.02 solitaire and I want something to compliment my ER not overpower it. I have a Tiffany’s near me so one day I’ll try on the different sizes. I’m also looking at pave style band as well. Love that look too.

ClassicSAC

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the recs! Probably the 2.2 mm. I have a 1.02 solitaire and I want something to compliment my ER not overpower it. I have a Tiffany’s near me so one day I’ll try on the different sizes. I’m also looking at pave style band as well. Love that look too.

I think that’s a nice look with your size stone.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock

I love the 2.2 embrace. Beautiful ring and the stones are set so low. When I tried on all the Tiffany bands the embrace was my favorite.

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
I love the 2.2 embrace. Beautiful ring and the stones are set so low. When I tried on all the Tiffany bands the embrace was my favorite.

I have not seen it in person except for variations of the Embrace. I don’t want an expensive band, but the more I see photos of the Embrace the more I’m like, I want that! Haha

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results