shape
carat
color
clarity

opinions on buying diamond rings on ebay

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ramalamafa

Rough_Rock
For example, I just saw a two carat oval (with side trillions) D and Internally Flawless (GIA rated) with a required opening bid of $15,000. I'm sure it has a high reserve, but since I've been perusing the diamonds for sale on ebay, I'd like an expert's opinion, if you'd be so kind. If there's a money back guarantee, and the vendors are "ebay power sellers" I wonder if protects you from unscrupulous people.
Also, has anyone had any experience with this good or bad? Thanks in advance.

ladyluck

Rough_Rock
I have had great experiences buying diamonds on ebay. However, not everyone can say that so I would be leary. Also, just because a seller is a power seller does not necessarily make them reputable. Look at their feedback closely.

Try to get some more information about the cut of the diamond through the seller by emailing him/her. This will most likely help you make a better decision.

ramalamafa

Rough_Rock
Thanks for such a prompt response. Nice to hear that there is goodness on Ebay. At least 90% of my other ebay purchase experiences have been fine. Seems like a strange place to make high ticket purchases like diamond rings. But, I'm paying close attention to feedback and the responses I get when I e-mail the vendors. Great advice on getting as many details as possible.
You folks are terrific!

ladyluck

Rough_Rock
By no means am I an expert; just a savvy ebayer who likes diamonds :love:

Keep in mind also that if the seller does offer a money back guarantee and you do decide to go ahead with the purchase have them make sure the package is not only insured but trackable. This not only ensures that you received the package, it also ensures that the package was shipped!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results