shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on Antique Cushion stone video

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock
Hi all,

I am looking for a stone for a pendant and love the antique cushion and old mine cuts. I have no idea what to look for in these stones I only know what is visually appealing to me. I would like something that is at least 5.5-6mm and plan to set it in some sort of bezel setting, white gold or platinum. I have spoken to Adam at OWD and he sent me this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Muc3E3amYZs&feature=youtu.be

It looks beautiful to me but would love to hear other opinions.

p.s. I would also be open to other stone recommendations. I would like to stay at $1500 or below. Thanks!

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
It looks beautiful to me as well, nice color too! :appl:

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock
Thanks T_L_B! I forgot to mention that it is GIA certed and am waiting to get that info. It is an H I1 6mm stone. Does that seem good pendant size? I am a total newbie!

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
I love the faceting on that stone! :) 6mm seems to be a good size.

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Resonance!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice cut, nice colour ask if it is 100% eye clean that would be the main concern unless it doesn't bother you.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that's so pretty! I think it's perfect for a pendant & a great color. I agree with Arkie, find out if it's eyeclean enough for you.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Pretty!! I like the color and pattern on it. I probably wouldn't worry too much on eye cleanliness since it would be a pendant, just make sure it's not too cloudy or has any black specks.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous crisp faceting :love: and as long as it is eye clean OMG it's a winner IMO! Gorgeous!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I love it!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CharmyPoo|1425132933|3839712 said:
I love it!

+1. Let us know how it works out! Design setting plans?

cheers--Sharon

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone for your feedback! I decided to buy the diamond. :razz: Now to pick a setting. I was looking through the SMTB forum and found a few that I really liked but nothing exact. I want to bezel it with milgrain and then a little something around the edge for interest that is period appropriate but not too fussy. I would prefer it didn't look really shiny. I will layer it with my 18k wg DBTY necklace from BG. Any suggestions?

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Molly! I will check her site out.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Check out CVB designs on F/B.

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Arkie. I contacted her about 3 weeks ago regarding a possible mother's ring project and she said she is swamped and for me to try back in 6 weeks. I love the work of hers that I have seen and am looking forward to talking to her. Maybe I will try to wait on the pendant also. I have spoken to Adam about possible settings but have not gotten to speak with him beyond his suggestion of a really plain bezel which is not what I want. :confused:

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock
Hi all,

I just wanted to update that I sent the stone to DK and he is in the process of working on the CAD for the pendant. I will hopefully post soon. He has been fabulous to work with so far! :dance:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results