shape
carat
color
clarity

opinions on a princess

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

myquestion

Rough_Rock
Hello all,

I am very close to making a purchase on a princess cut diamond with the specs below. After 3 long months of due diligence, i have learned that one MUST see fancy cuts before making the plunge - specs and proportions can be extremely misleading. I have seen the diamond below and it looks beautiful with a fabulous sparkle/brilliance. I know the table and depth are bit on the high end, but it looks great compared to some i have seen.

Can anyone provide me with their candid opinion on this diamond based on the numbers provided and what may be a reasonable price for a diamond with these specs? THANKS. Much appreciated!

Shape: Princess
Carat: 1.89
Color: G
Clarity: VVS2
Meas: 6.99x6.72x5.09
Depth: 75.7%
Table: 75%
Girdle: Thin
Culet: None
Polish: VG
Symmetry: VG
Flourescence: None
GIA Certified

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
According to the Cut Charts, from the info you gave, your diamond looks like an International Fine Trade Cut Class 2B. Here's the link to the Cut Charts:

http://diamonds.pricescope.com/fnc1.asp

I couldn't find any comparable diamonds available to price based on active inventory. You can check Price Stats (link at the top of the page) to calculate the average asking price among Price Scope Vendors for a comparable diamond.
1.gif

myquestion

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your kind response. In your opinion, do you think it is of serious concern that the girdle is "thin"? Are there mountings that can would less likely cause the diamond to chip?

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results