shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on a potential setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rockscissorpaper

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone!

I posted this morning about claw prongs, and since I was posting, I figured I would see what everyone thinks about this setting as a potential custom piece. I am in love with the east/west oval look, and found a setting from Mark Patterson that I love, but of course, the setting is for round stones. But I photoshopped it to see how it would look with an e/w oval. I really like the look, and am thinking about asking the designer or a custom jeweler if they can make it to fit an e/w oval.

So a) what do you think?
b) how do you think this would look with claw prongs? Would the detract from the overall style?

photoshopringrsp1.jpg

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks really cool and that claw prongs would look great with it as long as they were delicate. If it were me I'd have it be a full bezel, but that's jsut b/c I strongly prefer them over half bezels.
2.gif
This setting, I almost don't mind the half bezel and claw prongs jsut might pull me over to the dark side
3.gif

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s a really interesting design
1.gif
I think claw prongs would really ''make it''. It''s so dainty in every other way, claw prongs are the perfect finishing touch.

I actually love the half-bezel design with the oval - definite point of interest
10.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results