shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on a Cushion Stone and Price Please......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lori42

Rough_Rock
Hi,

Can you please tell me your opinion of the following stone:

Cushion Modified Brilliant
Measurements: 7.73 x 7.62 x 5.17 (I'm looking for a totally square cushion)
2.57 Weight
Depth 67.8
Table 57%
Girdle: Extremely Thin to Thick Faceted (Is this good? I don't understand this to well)
Cutlet: None
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Good
VS2
G
No Flourescence

Asking: $23,5000.00

Any feedback would be great. Thank you. Lori

33.gif
33.gif

geoffreysnow

Shiny_Rock
Would need to see pics. What type of cushion are you looking for? Percentage wise "modified brilliants" tend to look like crushed ice

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds about right to me, perhaps a drop high. I''m also looking for a cushion in the 2.5/3 carat range and have found things anywhere from $14k to $23k on the higher end. However, I do believe the square shape are more valuable and thus expensive; I''ve been looking more rectangle - so your price may be spot on! Good luck!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lori,

Have you seen the stone? cushions really need to be seen because the numbers alone do not tell the story. We can try to help if you can provide pictures but your eyes really do need to be the ultimate judge.

Lori42

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your replies. I have seen the stone once but the more I research the more confused I get regarding this type of stone.

I followed a link to the GoodOldGold site and they showed a comparison on cushions with a crushed ice effect vs. stones with a different effect. Is one worth more than the other or is it just preference?

Also, I''m now reading that an extremely thin girdle can be a problem as far as breakage. On the flip side I''m reading that a thick girdle is not good either because the table would be smaller? Not quite sure if I''ve got that totally correct :)

Also, the jeweler faxed me over the GIA report so I can research the specs. The report says GIA - Gem Trade Laboratory on it. Is this the same as the Gemlogical Institute of America?

Boy this is turing out to be more research than I did for my first born - LOL!

Thanks for your guidance!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/19/2009 11:18:25 PM
Author: Lori42
Thanks for your replies. I have seen the stone once but the more I research the more confused I get regarding this type of stone.

I followed a link to the GoodOldGold site and they showed a comparison on cushions with a crushed ice effect vs. stones with a different effect. Is one worth more than the other or is it just preference?

Also, I'm now reading that an extremely thin girdle can be a problem as far as breakage. On the flip side I'm reading that a thick girdle is not good either because the table would be smaller? Not quite sure if I've got that totally correct :)

Also, the jeweler faxed me over the GIA report so I can research the specs. The report says GIA - Gem Trade Laboratory on it. Is this the same as the Gemlogical Institute of America?

Boy this is turing out to be more research than I did for my first born - LOL!

Thanks for your guidance!
Crushed ice versus a "chunky" look is personal preference. With the diamond you mention, photos at least and ASET images are really needed in order to help further. An ex thin girdle can be a durability issue in some cases but not always - an experienced vendor or appraiser will be able to advise if they have access to the diamond, so do get it checked out.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results