shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on 3ct+ D diamonds

sauce

Rough_Rock
I am looking for a diamond for an engagement ring and have narrowed it down to two possible candidates. Both are GIA certified D color HPHT created diamonds.

The one on top is 3 carats, VS1 and the one on bottom is 3.5 carats, VS2.

The one on top seems to have ever so slightly better color and both seem eye clean to me. I wanted to get peoples thoughts on the diamonds to see if they look good to y'all and which one of the two you prefer.

I'm particularly interested to know if there is blue nuance within these diamonds. I think I have convinced myself that there is a little bit, but I am colorblind and really bad with subtle color details to begin with.

Here is an image and video of them next to each other:
Diamon Comp (pic).png

Video here:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the bottom one more in the video.

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
I agree I like the bottom one as well

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you share the reports and the vendor photos?

OneKuhlChic

Shiny_Rock
I am looking for a diamond for an engagement ring and have narrowed it down to two possible candidates. Both are GIA certified D color HPHT created diamonds.

The one on top is 3 carats, VS1 and the one on bottom is 3.5 carats, VS2.

The one on top seems to have ever so slightly better color and both seem eye clean to me. I wanted to get peoples thoughts on the diamonds to see if they look good to y'all and which one of the two you prefer.

I'm particularly interested to know if there is blue nuance within these diamonds. I think I have convinced myself that there is a little bit, but I am colorblind and really bad with subtle color details to begin with.

Here is an image and video of them next to each other:
Diamon Comp (pic).png

Video here:

I like the bottom 3.5 and I thought the bottom had better color, the top diamond looks a bit grey. It's probably my eyes...

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Both are well proportioned, so my vote goes to the 3.5 because it is a noticable increase in spread/diameter. A stunner, for sure!

zaeaton

Rough_Rock
Did you buy them both and have them in person? I think it’s a tough pick- would come down to price for me.

sauce

Rough_Rock
Did you buy them both and have them in person? I think it’s a tough pick- would come down to price for me.

I did not. Those vids were sent from the jeweler. The 3.51 is actually cheaper by $500

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results