shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on 3 RB diamonds

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all! I have been lurking and researching for a few months now. I have narrowed my search down to 3 diamonds and could use some help deciding. I am not going to be very specific because I do not have them on hold right now. All three are currently listed in stock at 1215 Diamonds (though I have found them on other websites as well, 1215 seems to have the best listed price). I will be ordering the diamond loose and purchasing the setting through a local jeweler.

Screenshots from each diamond's video are under the stats. The all score under 2 on HCA and fall within AGS Ideal on the Cut Estimator. The H diamonds do not appear to have a brownish tint in their videos. Diamond 2 actually appears whiter from the side than Diamond 3 when I toggle between videos. The inclusions visible on the third diamond worry me, but I also know that these images are greatly magnified, so I'm not sure if it is eyeclean. I am leaning toward Diamond 2, but wonder if the extra $700 is worth 15 points in carat size. Dimensions of Diamond 2 are about 0.2mm larger than Diamond 1

Diamond 1: H VS2
Table- 57%
Depth- 60.8%
Crown Angle- 34.0
Pavilion Angle- 40.9

diamond 1.png

Diamond 2: H VS2 (15 points larger and $700 price increase)
Table- 56.5%
Depth- 61.4%
Crown angle- 34.5
Pavilion angle- 40.8

diamond 2.png

Diamond 3: G SI1 (same carat size as Diamond 2 and price is about the same as Diamond 2)
Table- 57.5
Depth- 61.1%
Crown Angle- 34.0
Pavilion Angle- 40.9

diamond 3.png

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome! What is the mm size of each one? That will help in terms of figuring out whether one will be noticeably larger than the other and therefore worth the extra $$

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
From the images, I would go with #2 as it looks the cleanest from a clarity perspective. Otherwise I would go with #1. I don't think 0.15ct will make a big difference, unless the stone is less than 0.5ct.

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome! What is the mm size of each one? That will help in terms of figuring out whether one will be noticeably larger than the other and therefore worth the extra $$

These are the rough measurements (within a few 0.01mm or so)
Diamond 1 is 7.2mm
Diamond 2 and 3 are 7.4

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are the rough measurements (within a few 0.01mm or so)
Diamond 1 is 7.2mm
Diamond 2 and 3 are 7.4

In general, people can start to see a visual difference at .2mm, so this would be right at the line of a "visible" difference. Not sure its worth the extra $$ for the difference. Visually, I prefer the look of diamond 2, but I think its just the image angle.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results