shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions Needed!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Michelle1

Rough_Rock
Hello All,

Here is my dilemma: Which is the better stone and price?

Stone #1
GIA Cert
Carat 1.53 H & A
Color G
Clarity SI1 (Eye clean) main inclusions on the Pavilion
Table 56
Depth 61.5
Crown Angle 34.8
Pavilion Angle 40.9
Culet .6
HCA 1.7
Light Ex
Fire Vg
Scintillation Vg
Spread Vg
Price 10,200 GIA Cert

Stone #2
Carat 1.50 H & A
Color G
Clarity SI1 (Eye clean)
Table 57.5
Depth 61.8
Crown Angle 34.8
Pavilion Angle 40.8
Culet .5
HCA 1.6
Light Ex
Fire Ex
Scintillation Ex
Spread Vg
Price 10,700

Thanks for you help.
Michelle
4.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Michelle1:

Numbers for both are very close so #1 should be the winner 'cause it's cheaper
1.gif

Did you check H&A patterns? What about symmetry, girdle, polish?

Michelle1

Rough_Rock
Hi Leonid,

Thanks for your response!

Stone #1
Girdle thin to medium faceted
Sym Ex
Pol EX

Stone #2
Girdle Sl thick
Sym Ex
Pol EX

According to the vendor that I am working with both stones are H&A. That is one of my criteria’s for the stones that I am interested in. The vendor does not have the stone in their possession. I will certainly have it verified by an independent appraiser.

Thanks,
Michelle
1.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Interesting. I'd choose #2.....just my personal opinion, but if you're investing 10K into a ring, it would seem prudent to invest the additional $500 to get ex-ex-ex-vg on Stone 2 instead of the ex-vg-vg-vg on Stone 1.

Michelle1

Rough_Rock
Will there be a major visual difference between stone #1 HCA 1.7 Ex Vg Vg Vg and stone #2 Ex Ex Ex Vg?

Thanks,
Michelle

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
A major difference??? No, probably not major.

A diamond's visual performance is based on how it displays fire, brilliance, and scintillation. Just going by the paper, it seems worth the $500 to make sure these things are as stunning as they can be.

However, the most important thing should be which one pleases your eye more. Can YOU tell the difference? If your eye doesn't see any difference in the performance between these two stones, then there's no reason you shouldn't save the $500 and go with Stone 1.

Numbers/facts are great, but at the end of the day, it should be which diamond appeals to your eye more. Honestly, you really cannot lose here....either diamond looks to be very, very beautiful. Pick whichever one appeals to you the most.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results