shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions needed....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KoCo

Rough_Rock
I have a princess cut solitaire (2.5mm) and a channel set princess w-band (3.2mm), theres a gap between the two and I''m less than thrilled about it. So...Im considering a new setting for the e-ring. I''m having trouble deciding between a flush fit solitaire or a setting with diamonds. If I got one with diamonds I would want it as thin as possible, between 2mm and 2.5. My only concern with a diamond setting is that my center stone might be drowned out due to it being .58ct. I''m really leaning towards a setting with diamonds but I am a little worried about it being overpowering. What do you all think? If anyone has pictures of stones in my size range with channel set side stones I''d love to see them! Also if anyone can point me in a direction to find what I''m possibly looking for I would really appreciate it.

My stone measures 4.72 x 4.60 x 3.20
princessbandk.jpg

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi KoCo. What a pretty set! I couldn't imagine wanting to change it!

However, if you must, what I think would look good is either a plain band or a band with diamonds where the band has a similar shape and profile as your wedding band. Right now, your wedding band, which is gorgeous by the way (!), has a very square, angular look to it. I'd like to see something similar on the e-ring band, which currently has a more rounded look. Does that makes sense?

Also, check out the avatar for "Sophie". She has an e-ring with princess channel set diamonds and a princess center. Her wedding band looks very similar to yours.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
plain, i think, with that wedding band.

Something with diamonds, only tiny rounds will work. Shared prong, won't match with the channel w-band.
Channel set anything will probably be too thick.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results