shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions Needed

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondsRforever

Shiny_Rock
Hello All,

Just wanted to get opinions on these rings: Please let me know which one is the most ideal

$4487
stock #:
Round Brilliant
6.42X6.48X3.98
1.0 ct
F;SI2;
Cut is Ideal
Pol/Sym: Ex/Ex
No Flour.
Depth: 61.7
Table: 54
Girdle: Thin to Slightly thick
Crown: 35 deg.
Pavilion: 40.8 deg.
"Eye Clean" Haven''t seen pics
Comments:
Twinning wisp
surface graining

$4646
stock #: LD00135224
Round Brilliant
6.48X6.49X3.92
1.0 c t
F;SI2;
cut is ideal
Pol/Sym:Ex/Ex
No flour.
Depth: 60.5
Table: 59
Girdle:Medium to slightly thick, faceted
Crown/Pavilion: Wasnt specified
''Eye Clean'' Haven''t seen pics

$4784
stock #: LD00949871
round brilliant
6.45X6.48X4.00
F; SI2
cut is ideal
Pol/Sym:Ex/Ex
No flour.
Depth:61.9
table:54
girdle: thin to medium
Crown: 34 deg
Pavilion: 40.8
Havent inquired if its eye clean

Also should i go for the lower color but better clarity say H-I; VS1
my budget is up to 5300.

All the help is appreciated

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to PS
35.gif

These look promising, although the table of the second is on the large side. Make sure when the vendor says eyeclean that your definition matches, eyeclean in the trade can mean no inclusions visible face up with normal vision at arms length. This doesn't encompass very close eyeball scrutiny, or the side or pavillion view. However there are some SI2 which are eyeclean in a round, just be careful that your definition matches that of the vendor, if you don't want to see anything up close or from the side, a higher clarity might be a better fit and drop the colour slightly to compensate with the budget. But...you might find that lucky SI2 which is eyeclean, just make sure you are clear with your vendor what your expectations are. Personally, I don't mind a small unobtrusive 'birthmark', that way I always know my diamond, but with some people a visible inclusion bugs the heck out of them, some ( like sweet 'Seeks!) prefer a higher clarity - no way is wrong, but up to the individual comfort level! Also don't go by labels such as ideal, they don't always mean that a diamond is well cut, but take each as a separate case by the proportions. See if the vendor can give you an Idealscope Image of the 1st and 3rd if you want to pursue them, you have a nice budget, take your time and look around, also we could offer suggestions if you like.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
As Lorelei mentioned, the second likely just misses traditional ideal proportion due to the table being a bit larger, but all seem to have potential.

Which lab are these graded by? I see that you''re going in the F range, but if you''re going with AGS or GIA, you can comfortable hit that H-I range you''re talking about without appreciable visual sacrifice. If they are EGL-graded or similar, then I''d be less likely to drop to the H/I range as their grading historically is a bit softer.

Good luck.

diamondsRforever

Shiny_Rock
Please do offer your suggestions and expertise... Im in need of some help. Thanks!!!!

diamondsRforever

Shiny_Rock
They are GIA Certs... I saw all of them on bluenile

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
stone 2:
Crown Angle: 31.5°

Crown Height: 12.5 %

Pavilion Angle: 41.6°

Pavilion Depth: 44 %

Star length: 55 %

Lower Half: 80 %

Cut Grade: Excellent

HCA: 3.4

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was like you a few weeks ago. I found a fantastic diamond; the diamond on the left.
36.gif

Go to my link and read what REGULAR GUY says. You want to find out the GIA number put it in and the enter in the HCA info and that will show you how well it is cut and this will help you compare diamonds better. I think JulieN has a good feel for measurements on diamonds too. She is awesome.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/diamond-measurements-help-please.53849/

Hope that helps. I will check back to see you are okay in a little while

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Throw out #2, the others have some potential. Find out if #3 is eye clean and try to get ideal scope pics for #1 and #3.

Color is a matter of personal preference. Personally, I would go lower in color and either go bigger or save money...but I''m not very color sensitive. I am fine with well-cut stones J and above, but everyone''s tastes are different. There is also nothing wrong with wanting an icey white F stone either. For my radiant stone, I bought an F because they show more color.

diamondsRforever

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all the response. They have been very helpful so far.

Anyways so My G/F and I went to the mall today just so i can get a feel of what she likes in terms of setting and size. Turns out that 1 ct is not big enough for her. So with a budget of $5300 can i find a larger diamond say about 1.25 or higher and still have a decent quality?

I would appreciate all the help i can get.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, does she just care about size? You might get a 1 ct now and trade up later. Whiteflash has a 100% trade up policy.
Anything bigger than a carat I saw was about 6000 and up if you want quality. Do a search
https://www.pricescope.com/sift.aspx

avlis

Shiny_Rock
she wants a BIGGER diamond? im shocked!.. hehe just kidding. it may be a stretch with that budget, you will definately have to come down in color. she is going to need to decide what is more important, size, color or clarity (cut should be a forgone conclusion of A#1 status)

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2006 8:17:24 PM
Author: diamondsRforever
Thanks for all the response. They have been very helpful so far.

Anyways so My G/F and I went to the mall today just so i can get a feel of what she likes in terms of setting and size. Turns out that 1 ct is not big enough for her. So with a budget of $5300 can i find a larger diamond say about 1.25 or higher and still have a decent quality?

I would appreciate all the help i can get.
I would go down in color to an I or a J. If it''s well-cut, it will still appear very white. There will only be a very very slight warmth from the side.

I like this one from jamesallen.com. It will be in budget with the ps discount. Don''t let that beige/grey looking photograph scare you away from a J, it will be very white face up.
http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?cid=131&item=945315

If you are worried about the J color, here is a nice I colored diamond almost at the 1.25 weight you wanted.
http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?cid=131&item=964513

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2006 8:27:29 PM
Author: Skippy123
Well, does she just care about size? You might get a 1 ct now and trade up later. Whiteflash has a 100% trade up policy.
Anything bigger than a carat I saw was about 6000 and up if you want quality. Do a search
https://www.pricescope.com/sift.aspx
This isn''t true. Many people looove their lower colored diamonds here, just take a look at Mara''s thread for ex. Cut quality is key, clarity and color won''t influence appearance nearly as must as cut. He can get a 1.25 diamond with his budget.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry, I just went base off his original diamonds being F''s. I love Mara''s diamonds. She is a wise lady!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2006 9:47:56 PM
Author: Skippy123
Sorry, I just went base off his original diamonds being F''s. I love Mara''s diamonds. She is a wise lady!
No problem, I just didn''t want him to think that lower colored diamonds were "lower quality." I thought that''s what you meant, my apologies as well.

4themrs

Rough_Rock
the specs seem great, can I ask company you got this information from? I am looking to surprise the Mrs, with a gift for her 40th so I am looking at ideas.

diamondsRforever

Shiny_Rock
4themrs, I dont know if that comment was towards me but I saw all those diamonds on bluenile.com

Anyways, I was searching and found this so far within my price range. Let me know if its any good.

$5181
GIA Report Number: 15178935
Date of Issue: August 03, 2006

Round Brilliant

Measurements: 6.92 - 6.97 x 4.26 mm

Carat Weight: 1.23

Color Grade: J

Clarity Grade: SI1

Proportions:

Depth: 61.3 %

Table: 54 %

Crown Angle: 34.5°

Crown Height: 16 %

Pavilion Angle: 40.8°

Pavilion Depth: 43 %

Lower Half: 75 %

Girdle: Thin to Medium, Faceted

Culet: None

Finish:

Polish: Very Good

Symmetry: Very Good

Fluorescence: None

Thanks GUYS and GALS

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks great off of HCA. Here is what it pulls up.
Factor Grade
Light Return Excellent
Fire Excellent
Scintillation Excellent
Spread
or diameter for weight Very Good
Total Visual Performance 1.3 - Excellent
within TIC range
Here is the website: https://www.pricescope.com/cutadviser.asp

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/2/2006 11:48:11 PM
Author: diamondsRforever
4themrs, I dont know if that comment was towards me but I saw all those diamonds on bluenile.com

Anyways, I was searching and found this so far within my price range. Let me know if its any good.

$5181
GIA Report Number: 15178935
Date of Issue: August 03, 2006

Round Brilliant

Measurements: 6.92 - 6.97 x 4.26 mm

Carat Weight: 1.23

Color Grade: J

Clarity Grade: SI1

Proportions:

Depth: 61.3 %

Table: 54 %

Crown Angle: 34.5°

Crown Height: 16 %

Pavilion Angle: 40.8°

Pavilion Depth: 43 %

Lower Half: 75 %

Girdle: Thin to Medium, Faceted

Culet: None

Finish:

Polish: Very Good

Symmetry: Very Good

Fluorescence: None

Thanks GUYS and GALS
Prefer because AGS 0, picture, Ideal Scope access, and slightly shallow on the top to improve color: http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?cid=131&item=945315 (which is 5270 for wire transfer.) Or the other $5150 http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?cid=131&item=964513

diamondsRforever

Shiny_Rock
JulieN....I''m not sure what AGS 0 means...but i checked out the links and for the first one i see a big white line at around 8:00 on X8 and x16 you can definitely see it. The second one looks good. I was just wondering if these diamonds are eye clean since its magnified by X8 and X16

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results