shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions Needed on this Aquamarine Ring Please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sabby_00

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I''ve decided that I want an aquamarine engagement ring, but I''m clueless when it comes to aquamarines.

I have my eye on the following ring:

http://www.johnlewis.com/230471882/Product.aspx

When converted from pounds, cost in US dollars is approxmately 2,500.

Would this be considered a quality ring? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Sabrina

Attachments

• Pages from ring-2.pdf
    65.6 KB · Views: 32

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
I know nothing of settings or the actual ring. Other folks on here are well informed when it comes to that and can slide some input your way. The aqua is 3.68cts. so unless that is some kind of designer ring then the price seems real high. The ring looks very nice but I think you could find a better price. Maybe try one of the regulars that a lot of these ladies go to. They seem to have very reasonable prices.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It does seem rather expensive and it looks like that might be a stock picture, not necessarily a picture of the actual ring. There is no mention of the colour of the aquamarine nor treatment.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Ditto on all of the above - it''s expenisve and that photo is not something from which you can really judge a piece.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Aquas are tricky stones to buy: they can easily have a grey cast, be too light and bland, etc. They also need to be cut well to maximize colour and sparkle. I can''t judge any of that from the photo and, even if we could, it wouldn''t be worth a lot since it is probably a stock photo, showing the nicest piece.

There is also no information on treatment and clarity.

For that budget, I would like a lot more information before buying.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock

John Lewis is a great place to do your wedding registry - I shop there all the time, but for kitchenware, bedlinen etc certainly not for jewellery.

Personally I would never buy a stock piece - and definitely not for an e-ring. That photo is not of ''the'' ring you would get, it''s just a representative image.

Aquamarine is not a great choice for an e-ring unless you are prepared to really baby it and not wear it 24/7 or to do anything like housework in.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m afraid I agree with all of the above. John Lewis is great for household items but jewellery? No. Have a look at the thread at the top of this part of the forum and you''ll see a list of vendors who are happy to ship to the UK where you can buy a loose stone. You can then get a setting (ready made or have one made for your stone) and you''ll have a fair bit of change from £1000. In fact you''ll probably only spend £500 - £650 ish.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 10:20:30 AM
Author: Pandora II

Aquamarine is not a great choice for an e-ring unless you are prepared to really baby it and not wear it 24/7 or to do anything like housework in.

Ditto this! If you like blue, what about a nice light blue sapphire? We could definitely fit that into your budget.

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry my reply to this post is rather late. If you''re on the look out for Aquamarine and you''re in the UK then I would look on TJC - their jewelery is reasonably priced and is of good quality. I''m looking to buy a Tanzanite stone for a right hand ring setting and will probably get it from them.

http://www.thejewellerychannel.tv/

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results