shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions needed on setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jpinsly

Rough_Rock
Do you think the stone is sitting too high relative to the band? I was going for a low profile look. Can it be set lower?

jpjax0.JPG

jpinsly

Rough_Rock
Here are some other pics

jpjax3.JPG

jpinsly

Rough_Rock
More pics

jpjax4.JPG

jpinsly

Rough_Rock
more pics

jpjax5.JPG

jpinsly

Rough_Rock
more

jpjax6.JPG

jpinsly

Rough_Rock
last one

jppjax2.JPG

jpinsly

Rough_Rock
By the way, I haven''t seen the ring in person yet.

The band is supposed to be 2.5 mm. The stone is a 1.68 D VS1 set in platinum. Can''t recall the total pave weight, but I think it is 0.3-0.4 ct.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
here is a similar setting with a 2+ carat center stone

125_2543%20(2).JPG

125_2566%20(2).JPG

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
The ring is beautiful!! It''s a little on the tall side, but whether it''s too tall is a matter of preference. What do you think? The pics are stunning!! Congratulations!!!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a gorgeous ring!
30.gif

I think that the head could be lowered a bit if you want. I like it the way it is, though. It shows off that amazing stone and it will make a wedding band be able to sit closer to it than a lower head would.

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
Hi there,

Please leave it exactly as it is. It looks just perfect. As someone else has already commented, if the setting was lower, it wouldn''t sit as snug with your wedding band.

enjoy....its beautiful

dyanne
35.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2005 8:28:22 PM
Author:jpinsly
Do you think the stone is sitting too high relative to the band? I was going for a low profile look. Can it be set lower?
If you are going for a low profile look it might be a bit high set, however I think it looks nice the way it is. Can the band sit flush with it now (I can not tell from the photos how far out the head sits). If so you may want to leave it as is, or ask your jeweler if that would change when they lowered the head.
Personally I think it looks lovely now but if you are bothered by it then change it.

squarediamondlove

Shiny_Rock
I don''t think its sitting too high at all, you are probably just not used to the hight yet. If you decide to leave it as it is, you will get use to it rather quickly.

However, since you were going for that low setting, I''m not sure if this is the lowes you could have gone. BUT, it does look relatively low or at least average height.

If you want my opinion, I personally like it a lot and I consider it low for my taste (I like high settings
9.gif
). If it was completely flat it may not look as eligant or classic as it does right now. I would DEFINATELY KEEP IT.

P.S. Beautify ring!!!
30.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
I think it is perfect right now! I would definitely wear the ring at this height, and if it really bugs you, then get it lowered. No reason to fool around with something unless you are certain. Plus, pictures tend to exaggerate things like height anyway.

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
jpinsly, the ring is perfect...I wouldn''t change a thing.
18.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks great! You may have been referring to whether the diamond could sit lower wthout changing the head. I think that the crossbar would prohibit them from lowering the diamond itself due to its diameter. Is your diamond slightly bigger than the head was designed for? (This happens all the time - same happened for me - my 1.13 was a tad big for the 1 ct head setting, still looks fine, but doesn''t go as low as it would if it was smaller in diameter.) I wouldn''t mess with the head as it looks perfect.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is about the height of mine and at first I thought it was really high as well. But I got used to it and now it looks just right. This was a wedding band sits flush. I think it looks great.

jpinsly

Rough_Rock
All,
Thanks for your replies. The setting was custom made for the stone, and after talking to the people that made the ring, the stone is sitting at the correct proportions relative to the thickness of the shank where it meets the mount. I think it will look amazing once I receive it.......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results