shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions needed...is this a good deal?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

adam9977

Rough_Rock
Hi, and thanks in advance for any help! I''ve done some studying since I began searching for an engagement ring, but I''m still a bit unsure of exactly what I''m doing!!

Here is the GIA report on the diamond I''m looking at...this is a loose stone I''ll have placed in a setting later. Sorry for the picture size...resizing it just made it blurry!

The price on the stone is $2800...does this seem like a good deal?

Thanks!
1.gif

a9_3.jpg

researcher

Ideal_Rock
This stone does not look very good to me. You really don't want to get a girdle that is extreme in either direction (when it's too thin it's prone to breaking, too think you're paying for extra weight--and uniform is best!). Also, you should never go lower than "good" on polish or symmetry, and most people prefer VG to EX. Finally, the stone is way too deep; you really don't want to go higher than 75%. I would pass on this stone but that's just my opinion :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results