shape
carat
color
clarity

opinions needed for plat setting from DirtCheapDiamonds....4princess cut..help!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vandelay101

Rough_Rock
Hey guys.....

I found a diamond I like and I can was thinking about getting from DirtCheapDiamonds because they sell the setting I like and will match the price of another store on the diamond.

I was just wondering if anyone has this setting or pictures of more angles of this setting or another store that sells this cheaper.

Also, does dirt cheap diamonds set the diamond for free if you purchase the setting through them??? Just wondering.

Robert O.

329a.jpg

jpdoane

Rough_Rock
Blue nile has a similar setting you might check out. Not sure which is cheaper.

-jon

IceyIce

Rough_Rock
Robert O,

I have one really similar to that that I can send you some pictures of with different angles...the pictures are too big to post here...

What is your email addy? I can send them to you...or you can private message me with your address.

Does any one know of a good jpeg compression app?

IceyIce

Rough_Rock
Here is one similar to the one you posted by Jeff Cooper (www.jcplatinum.com)

http://65.61.149.144/cgi-local/display/search3.cgi?id=43&b=c;lattice;;nhs;8

2964[1].jpeg

vandelay101

Rough_Rock
Thanks for posting those pics "Icey". Are those the same that you were going to email me, or do you have other ones as well?

I really wish I could see the setting before I bought it. Maybe I could set something up with DCD's.

If I decide to buy from dirt cheap should I have the diamond appraised before I have it set?

Thanks for your help guys,

Rob O.

IceyIce

Rough_Rock
Robert,

I have personal pictures I took my self with my digi. I don't mind sharing those with you if you provide an email addy.

An alternative, which I did, is only buying the diamond through dirt cheap and having it set local at a jeweler where you can see the setting.

B

vandelay101

Rough_Rock
Hey "Icey"

You can send the pics...hopefully my hotmail won't overload though. My email is [email protected]

After inquiring about an appraisal from my local jeweler, he said if I bought a setting from him that he would throw in the appraisal for free. I will have to go in a check out his inventory. I really liked the setting on dirtcheap but I would like to see it in person first. Maybe my local jeweler will have the same style.

If I bought the setting from dirt cheap without them mounting the stone, how much would a jeweler typically charge for mounthing a stone into a setting you did not buy there.

I'm just trying to save money so I don't have to buy the stone...get it appraised, send back the stone to have it mounted again and have it shipped back to me. I can have to stone priced matched at other places that can do brilliance scope tests. The only reason I'd buy it from dirt cheap is to get it set for free.

Opinions please,

Thanks,
Robert O.

IceyIce

Rough_Rock
Rob,

I have sent you an email to your hotmail account.

Bryan

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results