shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions Needed: Eternity band size for 1 carat e-ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

peachy

Shiny_Rock
Hi Everyone:

New to the board. I LOVE everyone''s bling!

I need your opinions on the "right" size channel set eternity band for my 1.08 carat e-ring. I definitely want as much sparkle as I can get but I certainly don''t want to detract from my center stone.

Here''s a picture of my e-ring. It''s an RB in a lucida type setting. 4mm wide at the very top, tapering to 3mm at the bottom (under the finger). It''s also close to 2mm thick near the head tapering to about 1.6mm thick at the bottom. I wear a size 7.

I want to get the channel eternity band from signed pieces. See this link http://www.thefacetscollection.com/search.cfm?item_category=FEB&style_number_id=4

I''m a stickler for my rings "matching" so I don''t want the ring to be too thick (or high, if you know what I mean). And I think I want the eternity band to be a bit narrower than the e-ring... so, with all these details, what carat weight do you think I should go for to maximize the bling but not detract from my center stone? I''m considering the .74ct (.023 pts each); the .84ct (.026pts each); or the 1.03 ct (.039 pts each) but this one might detract?

I know it probably seems like I''m splitting hairs, but without being able to try these exact rings on, I''d appreciate any input!

Thanks!!

4ringDSC00582.jpg

peachy

Shiny_Rock
And here''s a picture of one of the eternity bands...

Thanks again for your help!!

13847.jpg

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Size differences in smaller stone are more pronounced, i.e., the visual difference between a 10 pt stone and 20 pt stone is more obvious that between a 1 ct and 1.10 ct stone, so this is an important decision!

I like the channel setting with your style ering (which is just lovely, btw) and think stones in the 2-3 pt range would be noticeable yet not overwhelm the center stone. My best advice is always to go and try on some rings and see what you like best.
1.gif
I can''t tell you how many times i thought I *knew* what I wanted and then tried it on and decided I liked something else better!

peachy

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Jennifer! That''s exactly what I''ve been finding... the difference between the smaller stones is so noticeable and really does impact the look against the e-ring. Who''d a thunk it for such a small carat variation of .10 carats between the .74 ring and the .84 ring!! I definitely think the 1 carat one is out of the question.

I have tried on a few at the stores but the metals on the sides were never consistent. Some were thicker or wider, etc., so I never felt like I was comparing apples to apples. That''s why I''m agonizing over this decision with signed pieces.

I know lots of you have purchased rings from signed pieces... how''s their return/exchange policy if the ring isn''t exactly what you were looking for? I''m figuring maybe I''ll go for the .84 ring and possibly exchange it if I think it''s too big...?

Thanks!

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
My e-ring is 1.04ct, although my tiffany type setting is thinner than your lucida one. The eternity band I have from SP is 1.07cwt so the stones are about 4 points each. I don't think it detracts from the e-ring at all, but of course you can be the judge.
2.gif

Mine is also a shared prong setting but at least you can get an idea of the size.

If you don't like the 1ct then I would go with the .84ct.

Forgot to add that I had ordered a princess channel set band and exchanged it for the one I have now. No questions asked - as long as you're in the 30 day window it shouldn't be a problem.

100_1280_d.jpg

peachy

Shiny_Rock
Jellybean - I love your set and I think the 4 pointers look great with your center stone.

I went back and forth over getting a shared prong of your size but I think the channel set will work better with the thicker straigher lines of my lucida setting - plus, I am very tough on my rings.

So given that my ring will have metal around the stones, I think the 1 carat will end up being too wide for my tastes against my e-ring... Now I just have to choose between the two other bands. If I get the smaller one, I could possibly get another to match in a year or so and make a diamond band sandwich for my e-ring!!
18.gif

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Here is a SP band with a 1.07 ct e-ring in an X-prong mounting--very similar to yours. The full thread is here.

IMG1342.JPG

peachy

Shiny_Rock
Oh, Brightspot... Thank you!! That''s a great size against the thicker x-prong setting and definitely gives me a perfect reference point!

You guys are so amazing to be able to pull up these pictures and threads to help the inept!! Much appreciated.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think Id go with the middle or bigger one. Your band is pretty wide so I think you can get away with the three pointers.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
You''re welcome, Paula! As soon as I saw your ring, I thought about the photo I posted---your ring is very similar to this one. (I think that tells me I spend a little too much time on PS!!!
20.gif
)

Let us know what you decide. I actually like the look of the thin eternity band w/ the thicker e-ring mounting, but you could certainly take a thicker band with it as well. SP has a wonderful return policy--no questions asked, full money back guarantee for 30 days.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Here is my 1.1 ct plus channel set eternity band. The stones in the eternity band are either 2 or 3 points.

1.1eringset.JPG

peachy

Shiny_Rock
DiaDiva - I''ve been admiring your collection on PS! Scrumptious. Thanks for showing me your 1.1 with the 2 or 3 point eternity band. You don''t happen to know the total carat weight on your band do you? Or perhaps how many stones you have in your ring? See - I absolutely love the combination of your delicious 3 carat pear with your band like you show in your avatar (I saw it in the plain e-ring and eternity band thread) - but I think your 1.1 doesn''t pop quite as much next to it - obviously!!

Based on the pictures you guys have shown me, I''m currently thinking I''ll go for the size 7, .79 cts, 33 stones at .024 each... Just a smidge bigger than the .0185''s in Buster''s wife''s ring that Brightspot posted. Hopefully it will be just what I''m yearning for!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That sounds great. Make sure you post pics when you get it. I have an eternity band from SP and I just love it!!!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
It sounds like you made the right choice. That band is going to look soo yummy! Another PSer (I think it was flower 12) ordered two and then sent back the one she didnt want so she could compare them at the same time. I cannot wait to see how you new band will look with your ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results