shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions needed - 5 stone wedder with halo engagement ring?

Loveis...

Rough_Rock
Last year I got engaged and was fortunate enough to receive a beautiful Henri Daussi cushion cut (a bit over 2ct) in a halo design.
Daussi1.jpg
Daussi2.jpg

Now it's almost time to choose my wedder. I had been intending to purchase a simple pave band to match the band on my engagement ring. Then I came across a gorgeous Daussi 5 stone band and fell in love:
Daussi3.jpg
Daussi4.jpg

I can only purchase the band from the US though and as I'm in Australia, I can't go and actually try this on with my engagement ring. The jeweller believes I will have enough clearance under my engagement ring so that the wedder could sit beneath it and flush with my band... but it's hard to visualise.

Part of my is drawn to the symmetry of having a simple pave band that will "match" the band on my engagement ring, but part of me is also enamoured with the idea of "matching" the wedder more to my engagement STONE than the band itself.

Do any of you have a 5 stone wedder with an engagement ring similar to mine? I've seen some gorgeous 5 stone bands or large eternity bands with solitaires, but not really anything that is similar in design to the halo 5 stone or halo engagement ring.

I'm very welcome to any and all honest opinions on this idea!

Thanks in anticipation :)

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Opinions needed - 5 stone wedder with halo engagement ri

Congrats on your engagement! Gorgeous ring!

You can check out LAG2010's stunning halo and her eternity here:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/picked-up-my-u-prong-eternity-band.150043/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/picked-up-my-u-prong-eternity-band.150043/[/URL]

Not the same but you can get an idea of what a 5 stone would look like with a halo ering.

My concern on the 5 stone you want to wear with your ering is that it seems like the majority of the 5 stone would be covered by the halo so you wouldn't see much of it... If it'd even fit flush and under the halo. If it wont sit flush then there may be a very large gap - to the point that your ering would have to sit up by your knuckle... Not so comfortable. Have you tried on the band with your ering?

What about wearing the 5 stone on your left hand and your ering on your right?

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

LALove|1303951888|2906652 said:
Congrats on your engagement! Gorgeous ring!

You can check out LAG2010's stunning halo and her eternity here:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/picked-up-my-u-prong-eternity-band.150043/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/picked-up-my-u-prong-eternity-band.150043/[/URL]

Not the same but you can get an idea of what a 5 stone would look like with a halo ering.

My concern on the 5 stone you want to wear with your ering is that it seems like the majority of the 5 stone would be covered by the halo so you wouldn't see much of it... If it'd even fit flush and under the halo. If it wont sit flush then there may be a very large gap - to the point that your ering would have to sit up by your knuckle... Not so comfortable. Have you tried on the band with your ering?

What about wearing the 5 stone on your left hand and your ering on your right?
This would be my concern too. Your cushion is very elongated and you have a HUGE halo around it, so I think it would cover up much of your five stone ring. It would be a shame to hide that five stone band!

pixgirl

Shiny_Rock

Five stone on the left hand and the gorgeous halo on he right.

emeraldcrazed

Shiny_Rock

I love your ering! It is a real beauty! I think that the 5 stone wedder would be better on your other hand. I wear mine on different hands and like it that way. Can't wait to see what you decide on!

Loveis...

Rough_Rock

Thank you girls... I definitely share your concerns re my engagement ring "covering" too much of the wedder. You have confirmed these doubts for me. I have been concerned that although I love the 5 stone wedder idea, so much of the design would be concealed that it may just end up detracting from my engagement ring.

I think instead I will opt for my original plan... the pave wedding band and then the "matching" 3 stone ring for the right hand
Henri%20Daussi%203%20Stone.jpg

Thank you for your honest and insightful feedback (and the link to that GORGEOUS engagement/wedder set :love: ).

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

I love your idea for TWO new rings, loveis...--that sounds like the best option to me!

Your e-ring is gorgeous! You are going to have quite the collection of rings!

Loveis...

Rough_Rock

Thanks Haven... I think it'll be a once in a lifetime splurge for me :)

I'm grateful to have the opinions of PS'ers though. You girls KNOW diamonds and I'd say possibly even have a better eye than most jewellers!

Then I need to ban myself from PS for life. I start looking at "upgrades" when in reality my engagement ring is more beautiful than I ever imagined I would have... it's very naughty ;-)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results