shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions much appreciated - GIA EX 1.21, H, VS2, HCA 1.3

ricescope

Rough_Rock
Hello Everyone,
This is my first post, but I have been gathering information and lurking for months now as I have been preparing to buy an e-ring. This site has been extremely helpful. Thank you everyone!

Well, the time has come, and I have just put this diamond on hold at JA. I don't have the IS images yet, but they have been requested. Please let me know what you think. Other than the faint florescence, the specs check out from what I can tell, but I would love to have feedback to see if I'm missing anything. Attached is the GIA report (hopefully). If it's hard to see, the depth is 61.8, table 56, crown angle 34.5, pavilion angle 40.8. The price with the PS discount is $10,060. Thank you in advance!

1132386278CER.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you post the GIA report number - I can't read the numbers in the middle?

No red flags in the numbers you've posted/what I can see, and it's a new report so no question marks about current condition of the stone.

ricescope

Rough_Rock
Sorry about that. The GIA report # is 1132386278. The crown is 15%, pavilion 43%, girdle 3.5%, star length 50%, lower half 75%. Thanks Yssle!

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Looks like a great stone and a great price (from looking at similar stones). Have you looked at settings? who is the vendor?

ricescope

Rough_Rock
The vendor is James Allen. As for settings, the girlfriend didn't really like multidiamond settings or a pave. So I'm probably going to go with a simple comfort fit solitaire. Lucky me.

Does anyone have an idea about how noticeable a .05mm diameter difference is, like this diamond has? Thank you for the feedback so far!

mogster

Shiny_Rock
ricescope said:
Does anyone have an idea about how noticeable a .05mm diameter difference is, like this diamond has? Thank you for the feedback so far!

I can't see the diameters, but I'm guessing they are 6.82 and 6.87, which makes the ratio 1.007 - I would guess the difference is not noticeable at all.

ricescope

Rough_Rock
Yep, that's the right numbers mogster. Thanks for the feedback!

Here's the idealscope picture. Let me know what you all think!

1377338id.jpg

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks OK, but there are more expert eyes on PS that I'll let comment.

ricescope

Rough_Rock
Alright, I just pulled the trigger! Thank you so much for your input everyone!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results