shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions Matter

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Diggy

Rough_Rock
Hi - New to this forum trying to get a feel for this diamond and the price...This is the only info I have at this point. Your feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

GIA Report

Carat weight: 1.40

Cut: Very Good

Color: G

Clarity: VS2

Depth %: 70.7%

Table %: 75%

Symmetry: Good

Polish: Very good

Girdle: Extremely thin to thick

Culet: None

Fluorescence: None

Measurements: 6.36x6.21x4.39 mm

Length/width ratio: 1.02

PRICE - $8,394

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey diggy
35.gif
welcome to ps!

there's nothing that really excites me about that stone. a good start would be something with at least very good symmetry and a table <70% also, i would be wary of the extremely thin part of the girdle.

Diggy

Rough_Rock
I forgot to mentions its a princess cut

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

This wasn''t meant to ''look good'' on apper - that thin girdle is the only thing that stands out a bit: a small extra facet making the girdle thin in a small patch is not quite the same as a knife-edge girdle with a thick indentation, and both would read the same. If there is a choice... I''d take that one. The tips are fragile anyway - I wouldn''t like them cut thin to boot.

I didn''t look around at all to see if the price for this one is the tempting part. But you can do that as well as anyone using the database above and jewelers'' sites.

For the money I would also think about cut and brilliance - something that the stats on the lab report cannot describe all that well. Some shops select diamonds for this and seeing a few should show how different princess cuts can look. Depth and table doesn''t quite begin to tell that story, as far as I can tell.

Hope the 0.2 worth helps :)

Btw, it is customary on this forum to link some alternative - here''s one (LINK) that sounds better to me, for example. I am sure there''s allot at your source as well.

1.50 cts, G/SI1 (GIA)
Size: 6.52x6.36x4.27
Depth: 67.1%
Table: 67%
Crown Height: 10.3%
Polish: VG
Symmetry: VG
Culet: None
Girdle: Medium
Fluorescence: None
Lab Comments: None

There is a picture of the diamond down the link too.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results