shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions: Loose diamond 0,65ct

fealloy

Rough_Rock
I have decided on the setting and I am now looking for the right diamond.

The setting is going to be Rochelle D6359 from Excel Diamonds, and since I am getting the setting from E.D, I thought why not checking their diamond collection as well.

To be honest I find it really hard to pick with confidence a diamond from their collection, mostly because I used to search for AGS H&A diamonds having available pics and the AGS report . Of course, the stuff from Excel Diamonds is happy to provide me with pics upon request for any diamond without any extra charge.

After a lot of chatting with the very friendly excel diamonds owners, I got the following pictures of a specific diamond.
I would like you to share your thoughts regarding this diamond :)

Link of the images I uploaded here, in better quality-->**edited by moderator. please upload images directly to forum to comply with policies**

diamond_2.jpg

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks good.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ditto :sun:

fealloy

Rough_Rock
These were very fast replies, thank you :)
I am a bit puzzled on this diamond because, when I look for H&A diamonds, I get pictures similar to the one from GOG, while for the diamond in question I got the second one. Could you comment on this please, as I am really looking for a superb cut/looking diamond
Pic1_0.jpg
Untitled_3.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
fealloy|1306358932|2930174 said:
These were very fast replies, thank you :)
I am a bit puzzled on this diamond because, when I look for H&A diamonds, I get pictures similar to the one from GOG, while for the diamond in question I got the second one. Could you comment on this please, as I am really looking for a superb cut/looking diamond

To get those types of pics like GOGs, WFs, BGDs - they must be using a certain photography setup - black lens and uninterrupted white surroundings, stone precisely oriented w/ table perpendicular to the lens, lighting exactly right... and they must spend the time and effort to ensure that each stone's photograph comes out just like that.

Your stone obviously has some arrows pattern, and the photo obviously was not taken using the very particular setup above. Whether it's H&A, close to H&A, we can't know without pictures of hearts and arrows taken through a H&A scope. AGS, GIA do not use optical symmetry - those hearts and arrows patterns you see in the stone - in their cut/light performance determinations, only facet meet-point symmetry, and the two don't necessarily correlate, which might be surprising to learn! A stone can be beautiful and not boast perfect hearts or arrows patterns but if having a H&A is important to you best to invest in a brand of H&A and know exactly what you're getting for your money...

fealloy

Rough_Rock
Yssie|1306359586|2930188 said:
but if having a H&A is important to you
Thank you for the very informative post. I think the answer to my question is found on the above phrase.
What it is important to me is a true eye clean diamond with a great arrow pattern when it is set on the lovely Rochelle setting

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
looks good

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
Looks nice, but I don't think it has great arrows if that's what you are looking for. The arrow heads and shafts don't line up perfectly in any of the images, so I don't think it's the photography.

fealloy

Rough_Rock
Again thank you for sharing your opinions with me.
Despite the fact that this diamond is not the best I could get in terms of H&A, yet it has all 3 zeros from AGS and a great HCA mark. Therefore I decided to close the deal together with the ring setting for a great price!

I will update you soon, after getting the ring on my hands :)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats! I think you will be very happy with it, it looks like a nice one :appl:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please post pics when you get it...I'm sure its going to be lovely!

fealloy

Rough_Rock
You bet I will post pictures :)
If it weren't you on this site I would have blindly bought an ideal cut GIA diamond, without asking ideal scope pictures etc, thinking that ideal = best diamond.
As soon as I will receive the ring I will share it will all of you prior offering it to my fiance :D

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like a real beauty. I will be anxious to see it when you get and have it mounted in a ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results