shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions before I pull the trigger!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diddy

Rough_Rock
Through the suggestion of the great people here on PS I am seriously looking at this 1.03ct princess for an e-ring.

Being a newbie who is about to empty his savings account in this type of an ecomony ... I need your expert opinions!

Price for diamond only will be about $5,000

YES or NO ?!!?!?!

Attachments

ASET

ASET103.jpg

IS

IS103.jpg

sarin

SARIN103.jpg

It definitely looks promising to me. Let some others weigh in too before you pull the trigger.

Best of Luck!

The report is from 2005? I don't know... but is the internal optical symmetry a little crooked to anyone else? In the ASET the right top of the X looks a little off to me. And the in the IS the black 'dots' don't line up right.

But it is an ES, and it is in budget and a G VS1... so something's got to give. And I'm sure it's not going to be visible short of looking at the thing on a giant screen (my screen at work is HUGE) and over analyzing it. Spread is decent, the actual pic looks nice. And it fits what you were looking for!

Date: 4/1/2009 5:34:38 PM
Author: Gypsy
The report is from 2005? I don''t know... but is the internal optical symmetry a little crooked to anyone else? In the ASET the right top of the X looks a little off to me. And the in the IS the black ''dots'' don''t line up right.

But it is an ES, and it is in budget and a G VS1... so something''s got to give. And I''m sure it''s not going to be visible short of looking at the thing on a giant screen (my screen at work is HUGE) and over analyzing it. Spread is decent, the actual pic looks nice. And it fits what you were looking for!

I know. This scared me a little bit to be honest. If it is a nice stone and is priced right, then why would it still be around after 3 1/2 years?! (again, this might be a dumb/ignorant comment because I know VERY little about diamonds)

Thank you for the comments so far!

Could be a number of reasons. I would just ask the vendor.

But WF is pretty big, so... could just have been sitting around and they noticed it and discounted it instead of sending in for a re-cert, since it already has an AGS cert. Who knows, honestly (other than WF)? I think 2005 was before the light performance certs, so it also could be because they looked it over as a candidate for re-certification and figured it wouldn't grade well with the new scoring criteria and that the existing cert was more advantageous. Or it could have gotten lost in a vault (LOL), or been someone's trade in (WF has a nice upgrade policy).

Basically, don't know. Just something I noticed.

Date: 4/1/2009 4:18:55 PM
Author: diddy
ASET
ASET103.jpg

Not bad, but if you look around more you might find something a bit better and a little cheaper. But just keep in mind, you will pay more for the AGS certification (along with aset image). Try and look for a few diamonds with a table % of under 70 and see how they look.

ASET and other images are crucial, again it bears repeating that you can''t pick a great Princess by numbers or one measurement as there is just too much info missing.

The ASET image is good, not superperfect but good. As to the age of the report - no worries, it isn''t old in the overall scheme of things. Do you have the actual photo of the diamond?

Date: 4/2/2009 5:38:41 AM
Author: Lorelei
ASET and other images are crucial, again it bears repeating that you can''t pick a great Princess by numbers or one measurement as there is just too much info missing.

The ASET image is good, not superperfect but good. As to the age of the report - no worries, it isn''t old in the overall scheme of things. Do you have the actual photo of the diamond?
Thank you for all of your responses.

digital103.jpg

Date: 4/2/2009 8:27:52 AM
Author: diddy

Date: 4/2/2009 5:38:41 AM
Author: Lorelei

Thank you for all of your responses.
Very welcome and the photo of the diamond looks nice!

Ok .... So I saw this one with a lower table % and still around my budget.

Again, I''m a newbie .... but would you say that this ASET is better than the one above ....

and that this IS is not as great?

Which would you pros choose and why?

ASET101.jpg

IS for #2

IS101d.jpg

SARIN #2

SARIN101.jpg

pic #2

actual101.jpg

ok ... totally posted the wrong diamond!

sorry, haha

Post the right one then we can take a look.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP