shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions and where to get something like this made?

Bravissimo

Shiny_Rock
So I have a diamond from an engagement ring excellent cut round G color, SI1 GIA cert (somewhere). It had a feather near the girdle. Before I had it taken out of the old e-ring the jeweler said it was chipped. I can see it but it doesn’t bother me and honestly I am not sure it’s chipped; it might just be the feather. It’s not visible from the top. Am thinking of bezel setting it into a platinum target ring with calibre cut sapphires and a diamond halos.

Can anyone tell me
1. Is this likely to prevent the damage from getting worse or do I really need to get it repaired?
2. who today does this kind of work?
3. I contacted Kwiat and they 4DEA6F97-67CA-4139-A2A0-F1338C33F561.png said they don’t work w/customer stones and don’t sell settings alone.

I could possibly file a claim w/my insurance but that seems daunting.

Bravissimo

Shiny_Rock
So I have a diamond from an engagement ring excellent cut round G color, SI1 GIA cert (somewhere). It had a feather near the girdle. Before I had it taken out of the old e-ring the jeweler said it was chipped. I can see it but it doesn’t bother me and honestly I am not sure it’s chipped; it might just be the feather. It’s not visible from the top. Am thinking of bezel setting it into a platinum target ring with calibre cut sapphires and a diamond halos.

Can anyone tell me
1. Is this likely to prevent the damage from getting worse or do I really need to get it repaired?
2. who today does this kind of work?
3. I contacted Kwiat and they 4DEA6F97-67CA-4139-A2A0-F1338C33F561.png said they don’t work w/customer stones and don’t sell settings alone.

I could possibly file a claim w/my insurance but that seems daunting.

And I don’t mean who recuts. I mean who could make a ring with calibre cut sapphires like that in platinum.

Also: one more question. Do you think a modern round looks weird in an Art Deco setting? Should I have an Old cut in a setting like this?

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ivy and rose has some target settings they sell without center stones I believe they’ll set a customer stone also. I think a modern round would look fine in one.

sprinklesparkles

Shiny_Rock
I think modern round brilliants look beautiful in target settings.

They're pretty ubiquitous so I bet you could find a jeweler to make one locally, or most of the big guys online.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
David Klass can do this. A lot of PSers have worked with him. I have worked with him severall times and can recommend working with him.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results