shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions and what a fair price on this stone is please...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Moosejaw

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Please give me an approx price and opinion on this stone...calling all experts.

GIA
1.31ct
Fancy Yellow Diamond
VS1
Good
Good
Very Thick
Depth 69.1%
Table 66%
Cut Corner Square Modified Cut
5.90 x 5.82 x 4.02

Thanks,

G

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Moosejaw... Thediamond.com has lots of canary diamonds... so does icestore.com I''d see what something similiar is running on those sites if I were you.
2.gif

Moosejaw

Shiny_Rock
Premium
anyone else? I was hoping to get opinions on the cut...or approx price.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Judging numbers on a fancy cut yellow diamond is not as simple as giving prices and judging cut on a round, white diamond. You need to be able to see the pictures and deal with a trustworthy vendor, and buy stones with a cert.

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2007 1:21:48 AM
Author:Moosejaw

GIA
1.31ct
Fancy Yellow Diamond
VS1
Good
Good
Very Thick
Depth 69.1%
Table 66%
5.90 x 5.82 x 4.02

Thanks,

G
Would be a lot better if you posted a image of the actual GIA report.

Many times a very pertinent consideration is if the report has a modifiying color reported which generally consumers overlook. If it does it affects the value tremendously.

For fancy color diamonds there are variances even within the same terminology of the grading. Not all Fancy Yellows are equal for the hue, saturation etc. One needs to know this to value the article.

Proportions of fancy colors don''t follow the same "rules" as made for colorless diamonds. Here is where the skill and expertise of the person who cut the stone is able to adjust the angles for the most intense color he could get from the stone. Light return is secondary, but not something to be ignored.

If you find a stone that is a fancy color that has proportions close to "better" proportions, that has a very important and significant bearing or affect on the pricing and value. To assess that, it does take a rather experienced expert to determine this, and shouldn''t be done based on numbers alone.

While making comparisons from what other merchants are offering on their websites does have some merit, you need to really compare the stones side by side in person to be thorough and accurate in judging differences that may not be apparent based on only website research.

Rockdoc

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2007 3:08:44 PM
Author: RockDoc

Date: 3/31/2007 1:21:48 AM
Author:Moosejaw

GIA
1.31ct
Fancy Yellow Diamond
VS1
Good
Good
Very Thick
Depth 69.1%
Table 66%
5.90 x 5.82 x 4.02

Thanks,

G
Would be a lot better if you posted a image of the actual GIA report.

Many times a very pertinent consideration is if the report has a modifiying color reported which generally consumers overlook. If it does it affects the value tremendously.

For fancy color diamonds there are variances even within the same terminology of the grading. Not all Fancy Yellows are equal for the hue, saturation etc. One needs to know this to value the article.

Proportions of fancy colors don''t follow the same ''rules'' as made for colorless diamonds. Here is where the skill and expertise of the person who cut the stone is able to adjust the angles for the most intense color he could get from the stone. Light return is secondary, but not something to be ignored.

If you find a stone that is a fancy color that has proportions close to ''better'' proportions, that has a very important and significant bearing or affect on the pricing and value. To assess that, it does take a rather experienced expert to determine this, and shouldn''t be done based on numbers alone.

While making comparisons from what other merchants are offering on their websites does have some merit, you need to really compare the stones side by side in person to be thorough and accurate in judging differences that may not be apparent based on only website research.

Rockdoc

Nicely put RockDoc!!! That info helps
9.gif
I someday want a yellow diamond.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results