shape
carat
color
clarity

opinions/advice on diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gobears

Rough_Rock
First of all, thanks to everyone on this forum for their insights. I''ve learned a ton just by hanging around this forum for the past week. Anyway, being a novice, I wanted to ask you experts out there what you think about this diamond:

Round Brilliant
GIA Cert
Weight: 0.87 ct H VS2
(6.20-6.22 x 3.7
4.gif

Depth: 60.9
Table: 55.2
Crown angle: 34.1 (33.8-34.4)
Pav angle: 40.9 (40.8-41.0)
Girdle: thn-1.2% (1.0-1.4%)
Culet: none
Sym: Excellent
Polish: very good
Fluo: none

HCA 1.2 Ex, Ex, Ex, VG
Bscope VH, VH, H-VH

Price: $3500

I tried to include as much info on the diamond above. From my novice point of view, the numbers seem pretty good. But I want to get a more expert opinion. Is this a good price? Is H a good enough color for platinum? Is the thin girdle anything to worry about? Any other opinions appreciated.

Thanks!

TEA

Rough_Rock
but the stone is in india

barry

Shiny_Rock
india?

Barry
www.superbcert.com

rockabuy

Rough_Rock
h is definitely not a bad color at all. Anything above g you pay more of a premium for and you cant really tell unless you put you h side by side.

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
Barry, we think that what Tea is referring to is a comment that we made to him the other day about a diamond he had found here on PS that was listed by one of the dealers who mirrors the multiple listings available to the dealers and the specific stone that he asked us to comment on via a PM happened to be listed by a cutter from India... The diamond was not in the United States... We recommended that he focus on some of the other stones on his list which were actually already in the country...

gobears

Rough_Rock
I don't know about the diamond being in India because the place the store claims to have the diamond. But I can check again.

Anyway, was hoping for some more opinions. Thanks!

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Veeeeery nice specs! Sounds like a good one!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results