shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions about this Peridot?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
I saw this on ebay and I thought it looked interesting, but I don't know very much about colored stones. I do love peridot and I think this is a neat cut....but what do you think? I wonder if everything the seller is claiming about it can be true. Opinions?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4983830575

(edited to fix link)

ebay hex peridot.jpg

loupe

Rough_Rock
What is the seller claiming? This is not the best color of peridot but if you like it, and the price is right, keep it.

"Gold there is, and rubies in abundance, but lips that speak knowledge are a rare jewel."

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
$12... ok with me.

Hopefully that's not the best color (as gingerly claimed). But the chemistry might just be there - for some reason, Peridot is either clean or of good color, rarely both. This one is clean
31.gif

You might want to take a look down this link for some cute pieces. Some new kind of Peridot represented there doesn't look like anything - it is very light green almost like... well, perhaps green beryl or light green garnet. Kind of interesting, if your like charming outliers. One piece like that got the special treatment from Richard as well.

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Loupe: The seller claims it is from some famous gemstone collection (estate. They also claim the stone is "flawless," but that is unusual for a peridot. And they do not give any information about whether the stones are treated or not.

Ana: Thanks so much for that link! I have been trying to find a good source for gemstones (peridot in particular), but I have been having trouble finding quality stones. I don''t like the color of that stone either (too dark and brownish), but I thought the cut was interesting. Thanks Again!
9.gif

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I feel like it''s hard to see with the red in the back. Red and green make brown after all.

loupe

Rough_Rock
Without proper written provenance, the famous estate the owner claims this peridot is part of, means nothing. Have you bought it yet? It is rare for a peridot to be flawless but they are usually eye clean. If you are looking for green, throw this one back. The brown mask reduces its appeal.

"Gold there is, and rubies in abundance, but lips that speak knowledge are a rare jewel."

Ymanda

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/9/2005 11:14:56 AM
Author: innerkitten
I feel like it's hard to see with the red in the back. Red and green make brown after all.
Hi,

I totally agree with you innerkitten.
How can people ask about color apraisal providing such pictures ?
It's already quite hard to tell from a professional picture...

HEY MAN !! You just chose the very worst backgroud for a peridot
HA HA HA
emteeth.gif

PS: According to the green flash color, i'd say that it could be a pretty nice one...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results