shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion - What do you think of the NESW setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pepsi_corp

Rough_Rock
Hi all,
This is actually a duplicate thread from Rocky Talk (sorry mods!). The posters on Rocky Talk said I would probably get a better response in here. Anyways, here it is:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi all,
I was just wondering what kind of input and opinions people had of North-East-South-West settings for engagement rings. This one here from Birks, is probably among the nicest simple solitaires I have seen in real life:

http://www.birks.com/index.asp?SKU=895286&SecID=64&CatID=712&LangID=1

I know more than a few girls who have given similar praise upon seeing it. That being said, why is it one of the least popular settings for a ring?? It is not offered by many of the popular online vendors and is hardly discussed on pricescope.

Part of the reason I ask is because one of the custom wax moulds I am having done is based on a N-E-S-W setting with my own twist to it.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was thinking also concerning a solitaire, many probably don''t even realize there are other options apart from 6/4 prong, I do like this look.

krockie

Shiny_Rock
Before DH and I decided to go custom, the one commercial setting we agreed upon was a NESW solitaire. I love the way this looks. I think its a great ''twist'' on the traditional. I just don''t think there are so many out there that they are a common thing.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
pepsi - I responded over in your RT thread with a bunch of pics and whatnot.
1.gif
I think it's a unique and fun twist on a classic setting!

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
https://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/mom-s-solitaire-with-illusion-head-t107640.html

if you scroll down this link a little, you''ll see some lovely shots of flygirl''s NSEW setting - with its beautiful textured band. it''s a gorgeous ring and the ''star'' setting seems to highlight a diamond in a different way to the regular box setting.

i wonder if the way the prongs sit on a NSEW setting makes it more difficult to sit some wedding/eternity bands flush with it? that might be one of the things which deters people.

i love flygirl''s ring, tho, and think it''d be great if more people went this route. and i love the example in your link - very elegant!

pepsi_corp

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the response Geckodani - I replied to you in the other thread..haha

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a NSEW setting with a solitaire. Mine is slightly different in that the shank is hinged so "wobbles" - terrible explanation but the long and short of it is that it''s the most comfortable ring I own! I also love the NSEW prongs and it looks very different. Here''s a picture:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s a profile shot. You''ll see that it sits very high (my choice) but even if it were lower, it would still sit nicely next to a wedding band.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s the setting you linked, for easy viewing
35.gif

neswsetting802349586734.png

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do like the look. I think it''s not more popular because it is a bit different.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I adore N/E/S/W settings and they are also great from protecting the stone because people usually knock the sides of their ring.

Here is another that I love:

RNF06.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
I like the look. It''s a great way to put a unique twist on a still classic setting. It always catches my eye when I see a pic of a NESW setting on PS

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results