shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion on Two Stones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bostonlawguy

Rough_Rock
Hi All,
I have found two stones I really like and am flexible re: weight, so I would love your thoughts:

#1 (Gorgeous little stone)

1.25c(GIA and Sarin)
Color: G
Clarity: VS2
7.01 X 6.94 X 4.26
Table: 57
Depth: 61.1
Thin/Med
VG/VG
No fluorescence

Price: $8,000
------------------------
#2 (Also nice)
1.70 (Cert.= EGL Antwerp)
Color: G
Clarity: VS2
7.72 X 7.66 X 4.0
Depth: 59.8
Table: 61%
VGVG
No fluorescence
Price: $11,900

1. In my haste I was not able to get Pav. and Crown angles, but can someone give me a safe ballpark for the best scintillation/fire?

2. Also, I have concerns about EGL Antwerp (however, I do have 30 full cash back refund from reputable jewler...I was thinking that an appraisal would flesh out my concerns about the Antwerp lab).

3. Any other general thoughts on these stones values are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your input and sorry if this message lacks techinical fortitude.

-Jay

Windy City

Rough_Rock
Those sound kind of pricey for what your getting. Internet prices are better than that for the same specs.

Lugus

Shiny_Rock
A table of 61% is going to be outside the ideal range. It's a very large table. The first stone could be cut well, but impossible to say w/o crown & pavillion angles.

I'm curious how you're so flexible on size, and apparently price? Usually these fall within a tight range.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Call to get the Sarin information on the crown and pav angles if is it available (which it looks like it is). A phone call is worth knowing.

Lugus is right about the second stone. It is a larger tabled, shallower depth stone and could be quite lovely but without more info we can't really tell. I have a stone such as this...but I had more info when I bought it.

I would worry a bit about EGL Antwerp, the overseas labs can be a little lenient on grading meaning this may be an H stone or a SI1 clarity.

Here is a very beautiful 1.28c H VS1 A Cut Above SuperIdeal H&A stone for $7918 (Pscope price, mention it)

http://www.whiteflash.com/acut/diamond_details.asp?ItemCode=427171

Check out the H&A images and the IdealScope..nice!

Get more info if you can on the stones. You can't really make an educated decision without them.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results