shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion on this Whiteflash EC?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

peaches

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I''ve also received information from Whiteflash on what sounds like a gorgeous EC. Here are the specs:

Size: 1.74
Color: G
Clarity: VS2
Symmetry: G
Polish: VG
Fluorescence: N
Table: 63.6%
Depth: 65%
Dimensions: 8.01 x 6.21 x 3.95

I''m attaching several images that they provided. Would love to hear opinions!

DI40T_GIA17233856.jpg

peaches

Shiny_Rock
Trade
A close-up shot...

DI40X_GIA17233856.jpg

peaches

Shiny_Rock
Trade
ASET...

AST_GIA17233856.jpg

peaches

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Idealscope...

IS_GIA17233856.jpg

peaches

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Sarin report (last photo)...

SARIN_GIA17233856.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What do you think of it Peaches?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
yummy so far.

edit woops missed the sarin...CH is ok...
Ask about the good symmetry.
Which facets are affected and is it visible face up?

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
The light return looks good on this one but if it were me I would pass. Personally I''m not a fan of the corner facets on this one. I don''t like EC''s where the corners don''t meet in the center. I hope that I am describing that correctly.

peaches

Shiny_Rock
Trade
strmdrmr: Good questions to ask that I never would have thought of!

EM1: Wow, good catch. I hadn''t even noticed that! Now that it''s pointed out to me I''m not sure what I think of it either.

lorelei: To my untrained eye, almost EVERY stone is gorgeous! But now that I''m mulling it over I''m thinking it might not be THE stone for me. Outside of the points everyone raised, the price is a bit beyond my budget. I''m thinking I should probably pass on it and continue with my search...

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/2/2009 10:08:47 PM
Author: peaches
strmdrmr: Good questions to ask that I never would have thought of!

EM1: Wow, good catch. I hadn''t even noticed that! Now that it''s pointed out to me I''m not sure what I think of it either.

lorelei: To my untrained eye, almost EVERY stone is gorgeous! But now that I''m mulling it over I''m thinking it might not be THE stone for me. Outside of the points everyone raised, the price is a bit beyond my budget. I''m thinking I should probably pass on it and continue with my search...
Thats fine Peaches. Personally I am not keen on this one for some reason, you will find the one!

peaches

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thanks Lorelei!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/2/2009 6:40:16 PM
Author: emeraldlover1
The light return looks good on this one but if it were me I would pass. Personally I''m not a fan of the corner facets on this one. I don''t like EC''s where the corners don''t meet in the center. I hope that I am describing that correctly.
You hit it on the nose! It looks like a bright stone but there was just something not quite right about it and I couldnt
figure it out (I''m not an EC expert by any means).

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2009 3:11:56 PM
Author: tyty333

Date: 4/2/2009 6:40:16 PM
You hit it on the nose! It looks like a bright stone but there was just something not quite right about it and I couldnt
figure it out (I''m not an EC expert by any means).
It explains a lot about why I am a EC person. I love them!

gummibear

Shiny_Rock
Hi peaches! I think we have looked at the same stones
9.gif
...I just bought a 1.81 ct H VS1 from ERD and I looked at the same ones you have posted about! I really was interested in seeing pics of the 1.74 you just posted, but at the time it was on hold. I''m so happy with the stone I got and ERD found me a beautiful diamond.

I can''t wait to see what you end up with...how are you setting it?

Here is a pic of my stone...I only had one day to take a few shots before I sent my baby to be set. I hope to get her back next week...Good luck finding your diamond
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

gummibearec2.JPG

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
gummi...that stone looks beautifull! More pics!

gummibear

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/4/2009 9:24:28 AM
Thank you, emeraldlover!! I LOVE your ring and I followed all your threads...they helped so much in my diamond search. I will be getting the finished ring from Leon in the next few days...aaaaaaahh, I''m so freakin excited! I will definitely post more pics then.

In the meantime, here is another picture I took. It was at night in terrible lighting and the stone was dirty and fingerprinty, but I just HAD to get a flower shot in
9.gif

gummibearec.JPG

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2009 12:23:06 PM
Author: gummibear

Date: 4/4/2009 9:24:28 AM
Thank you, emeraldlover!! I LOVE your ring and I followed all your threads...they helped so much in my diamond search. I will be getting the finished ring from Leon in the next few days...aaaaaaahh, I''m so freakin excited! I will definitely post more pics then.

In the meantime, here is another picture I took. It was at night in terrible lighting and the stone was dirty and fingerprinty, but I just HAD to get a flower shot in
9.gif
gummi..... I loooove your EC!!! Leon?!?!
30.gif
You will start your own thread, right???

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Ohhh gummi, a leon...so jealous! I still have dreams of res-etting mine. Tell me...what does this LM setting look like? I don''t know if I can wait a few days. I''m so glad that the treads helped you. Oh yeah, and I can''t, can''t wait to see it.!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Peaches good luck on your search. Gummi your EC diamond is gorgeous.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2009 1:16:44 PM
Ohhh gummi, a leon...so jealous! I still have dreams of res-etting mine. Tell me...what does this LM setting look like? I don''t know if I can wait a few days. I''m so glad that the treads helped you. Oh yeah, and I can''t, can''t wait to see it.!
Really?!?! But I looooove your ring, just as it is. What would you want instead??

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2009 1:16:44 PM
Ohhh gummi, a leon...so jealous! I still have dreams of res-etting mine. Tell me...what does this LM setting look like? I don't know if I can wait a few days. I'm so glad that the treads helped you. Oh yeah, and I can't, can't wait to see it.!

Whaaaaat?????? I didnt know you wanted to reset your ring, EM1!!!! I LOVE it! What happened?

I am eagerly awaiting pics of your ring too, gummi!!! Its going to be soooo GORGEOUS!!!!!
36.gif

gummibear

Shiny_Rock
Thank you everyone!
1.gif
EM1--It''s going to be a three stone with side traps, no pave or anything. I have to say your emerald is gorgeous and I really had second thoughts about going the three stone route because yours and Dani''s solitaires are so pretty. But alas, I have chubby finger sand need the spread
3.gif

I promise I will start a thread in SMTR after I get my baby back and as soon as I can borrow a camera with a good macro setting!!!!

peaches

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Gummibear: wow, that is so funny! I had no idea we were checking out some of the same stones. Your stone looks BEAUTIFUL! What setting were you thinking of going with?

Can''t wait to see photos of both rings.
2.gif

peaches

Shiny_Rock
Trade
EM1: I echo the others -- your setting is legendary...are you really going to re-set???

gummibear

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/4/2009 7:45:49 PM
Gummibear: wow, that is so funny! I had no idea we were checking out some of the same stones. Your stone looks BEAUTIFUL! What setting were you thinking of going with?

Can''t wait to see photos of both rings.
2.gif
Hey peaches! We must have the same taste in stones...great minds think alike, right?
2.gif

I just love the one you ended up with. Can''t remember if this was answered yet, but what are the dimensions of your HUGE EC?
9.gif

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I didn''t realive you guys liked it so much! First I should mention that re-setting is just a dream. My fiance found the current setting and I do love it but there are a few things I would change about it. I wanted a thinner rounder band and at lease 3/4 eternity. I would change that as well as the prongs. However, that is just a dream and will always be. I won''t change it but it doesn''t keep me from dreaming.

peaches

Shiny_Rock
Trade
gummibear: THANKS!!! The dimensions on the BN EC are 8.63 x 6.50 x 4.23.

EM1: You're definitely not alone in that. It's hard not to dream when there are so many beautiful rings floating around Pricescope!

gummibear

Shiny_Rock
style="WIDTH: 95.05%; HEIGHT: 93px">Date: 4/5/2009 5:36:32 PM
gummibear: THANKS!!! The dimensions on the BN EC are 8.63 x 6.50 x 4.23.

EM1: You''re definitely not alone in that. It''s hard not to dream when there are so many beautiful rings floating around Pricescope!
OMG, that is MASSIVE! And with the tapered baguettes it will look absolutely amazing! I''m glad you''re getting it in only a few weeks...I am sooo looking forward to seeing your ring
9.gif

peaches

Shiny_Rock
Trade
gummibear: thanks for the lovely compliments!!! I am dying to see your finished piece, too! Any ETA on when you''ll have it on-hand??
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results