shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion on this stone...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Undecided

Rough_Rock
Do you think the following ideal cut H&A stone is a good price/deal?

$9000
Round Brilliant
Measurement 7.01-7.04 x 4.27
Weight 1.26 carat
Depth 60.8%
Table 55%
Girdle Thin-Medium faceted
Culet None
Polish Excellent
Symm Excellent
Clarity VVS2
Color F
:read:

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
The price looks good. Have you asked for a Sarin report? Who is the seller of this diamond? Does the stone have any fluorescence?

roderick

Rough_Rock
Hi I think that $9000 is too much for that stone I would say a fair price would be about 25% below rapp

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Roderick,

Are you in the business? I think the idea of quoting "back of Rap" is misleading to consumers. For very well cut diamonds, those deals are not realistic, even to retailers. Rap is not an effective way for consumers to judge prices and is often used to mislead consumers. The most effective way to judge price is to use the search engine at pricescope to compare real asking prices.

Can you sell Undecided an equivalent diamond for 25 back today?

buttercup

Rough_Rock
undecided - i'm no expert at all, but i think that sounds like a very good price for a hearts and arrows diamond.
good luck!

hakalugi

Rough_Rock
like others said, knowing more would be better...

Question, have you ever seen a GIA F color next to a G or an H - when all were super Ideal / H&A ??

I hadn't until yesterday... and let me tell you, I'm not sure, even if I had the money, that I'd spend on the F color or VVS clarity.

I saw this one yesterday: http://www.goodoldgold.com/1_37ct_h_vs1_superbcert.htm and face up- side by side with the F (in temp. plat settings) I saw no color difference (it is of course, totally eye clean). The one linked to above is $425 less, .25mm wider, with all the info to see...

best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results