shape
carat
color
clarity

opinion on this stone. Thanks a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Starry9t

Rough_Rock
Please help with this stone, thanks in advance!
Measurement: 7.50-7.54X4.67 mm
Weight:1.60 carats
Propotions:
Depth percentage:62.1%
Table: 54%
Culet size: None
Crown Angle: 34.7%
Pavilion Depth:43.3%
Girdle thickness: Thin to medium, Faceted.

I tried to use Holloway Cut Adviser to caculate the cut but it just simply said that the depth percentage must be wrong or the girdle is dangrously thin.
33.gif
( According to the GIA report, the polish and symmetry both are excellent.) Gee,I am really a maths idiot and sorry for the newbee question.

Thanks a lot!

3.gif
My bad. Pavilion angle and pavilion% are not the same. OOOOOps, silly me.

Factor Grade
Light Return Excellent
Fire Very Good
Scintillation Very Good
Spread
or diameter for weight Very Good
Total Visual Performance 1.8 - Excellent
within TIC range
Click here to read usage warnings and information.

Turns out great!!!
9.gif
Sorry for the silly mistake. Webmaster, could you please delete this post for me? I feel i am back to 2nd grade again.
3.gif

whatmeworry

Brilliant_Rock
Are you sure the number you have for the crown is an Angle or a % ? If it's an angle, I come with 1.8 on the HCA, using crown Angle of 34.7 and pavilion % of 43.3. You have to change the pavillion input from Angle to %.

Starry9t

Rough_Rock
Whatmeworry, you are so right! I just found out the silly mistake too.
3.gif

Thank you for your help. Sounds like a beautiful stone!

whatmeworry

Brilliant_Rock
1.gif
You see that mistake all the time. I agree sounds promising. Good luck.

tanalasta

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Numbers look alright. Now all we need is a light reflector (IS or ASET) image :)

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you have the crown/pavillion angles rather than the percentages? They are supposed to be more accurate for the HCA.

Starry9t

Rough_Rock
Thanks a lot for all the inputs.
I've already ordered the ring and it will land tomorrow. It is a T&Co. ring from S&P and I am so so so excited now.
30.gif

Patience finally paid off and I am going to get my dream ring! (Will take it to the store to resize it and maybe pay them to reappraised it.) It is so good to find such a beautiful stone without paying the mark up.

Again,I'd like to thank pricescope for the education and the nice people here who always are willing to offer help.
36.gif

whatmeworry

Brilliant_Rock
woo hoo. I suspected it was a T&Co. Their grading always lists crown angle/depth percentage. Signed Pieces rules! Congrats
36.gif

Starry9t

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/22/2007 2:49:54 PM
Author: whatmeworry
woo hoo. I suspected it was a T&Co. Their grading always lists crown angle/depth percentage. Signed Pieces rules! Congrats
36.gif
Whatmeworry, thank you!

I''ve been coveting the original T-style setting for so long. Can''t wait to see the ring!

Can''t agree more that SP absolutely rules!!!

ayala_jessica

Shiny_Rock
Congrats for your good deal ! And we are eager to see pics of the ring on your finger !
36.gif

mcblohe

Shiny_Rock
Hi Starry9t,

By the way, what is the colour and clarity and how much did you pay for it, if you dun mind me asking? As i''m interested in a 1.3- 1.6 ct too.
Thanks

Starry9t

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/22/2007 10:26:09 PM
Author: mcblohe
Hi Starry9t,

By the way, what is the colour and clarity and how much did you pay for it, if you dun mind me asking? As i'm interested in a 1.3- 1.6 ct too.
Thanks
It's a I VS-1 round stone. Personally I think it is a great size,color and clarity combo.
Usually you pay 30% off the T&Co. retail price when you buy it from SP. If you need more detailed information, you can always contact SP. They are very professional and always willing to help.

You may also want to check Jewels' thread out. ( https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-tiffany-co-ring.53430/ ) I was inspired by her experience and saved big. (Almost bought a full price one right before V-day! Gee~
9.gif
)

Wish you good luck!

PS: mcblohe, the whole process invloved a lot of patience and that was the major issue to me.
11.gif

Kcoursolle, that's all the information I have. Sounds like a wonderful stone and can't wait to see it in person.

Jessica, thank you for the warm words and I will post pictures later.

tanalasta

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Oooh.... a T&Co. Fantastic. And you got it from SP ...

Can't wait to see the picture. Congratulations!!!

I wouldn't worry about an I colour, especially if it's well cut (as the proportions seem to suggest) and it's set in something like a platinum T&Co original - it'll look gorgeous face up (or in any profile really!!!). Someone is going to be very happy...
36.gif

Starry9t

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/23/2007 12:00:26 AM
Author: tanalasta
Oooh.... a T&Co. Fantastic. And you got it from SP ...

Can''t wait to see the picture. Congratulations!!!

I wouldn''t worry about an I colour, especially if it''s well cut (as the proportions seem to suggest) and it''s set in something like a platinum T&Co original - it''ll look gorgeous face up (or in any profile really!!!). Someone is going to be very happy...
36.gif
Tanalasta,thank you! I am fine with the I color too. I once had a J color H&A stone and it looks great. The key is the cut. Glad to find such a well-cut stone with the discount price. Will post picture later and thank you all for the advices!
35.gif

Starry9t

Rough_Rock
I got the ring last Friday and it is breathtaking.
Thank PS, without the info here i couldn''t find SP and most likely would ended with a much smaller stone with the same quality from T&Co.
David, Issac are great to work with. Two thumbs up!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!!! Please post some hand shots when you get a chance!!!
36.gif

Starry9t

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/26/2007 5:37:15 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Congrats!!!! Please post some hand shots when you get a chance!!!
36.gif
Thank you Kaleigh! Sure thing!
I sent the ring back to Tstore to resize and reappraise. Need to wait for another 3 weeks(i am counting each day now!
30.gif
) and definitely will post tons of pics later then.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results