shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion on this stone and images please.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ckitsch

Rough_Rock
What is Forum''s reaction to this 2.74 Carat, SI1, Color G, GIA EX EX EX, Non Flouro, H&A, with Table 56, Depth 61.6, Crown 35, and Pavilion 40.6 scoring HCA 0.8?

I''m told the inclusion is white and while visible in the photo is nothing at first glance but you can find it looking closely and definitely at 10x. Comment on the cert is "clouds are not shown." There are three images, the ASET, Idealscope and photo to follow.

I was looking at VS2 or better and shooting for the 2.5 carat range looking for an excellent HCA score. Without seeing this in person I''m not sure how "eye clean" this would be but with this forum I''d be happy to hear some thoughts. Thanks in advance.

SDACkitschASET.jpg

ckitsch

Rough_Rock
The image of the stone itself.

SDACkitsch.jpg

ckitsch

Rough_Rock
And the idealscope.

SDACkitschIdeal.jpg

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
what is this for?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks as if it might be showing slight obstruction in the Idealscope image, ( darkening of the stone when viewed closely due to head shadow) but ask the vendor about this. It does have potential, I assume it is intended for a ring?

Clouds not shown is not normally an issue, it can be if it says ' clarity grade is based on clouds which are not shown' in SI grades, or if clouds are plotted on the clarity map.

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
Ditto Lorelei!
1.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/29/2009 7:17:23 AM
Author: QueenMum
Ditto Lorelei!
1.gif
Ditto QM dittoing Lorelei
3.gif

DiamondFlame

Brilliant_Rock
It''s not bad but it''s a 2 carat diamond we''re talking about here. I''d hold out for your 2.5 ct VS2 if I were you...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results