shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion on this Radiant?

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Found this poking around, looking to make a mismatched earring set. It's exactly the same size as the Asscher I bought last fall.
JA sent me the GIA report which also lists an AGSL number as inscribed.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you look up the AGSL report and see if it got AGS000?

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
It's a J, they mark down for that.
AGS#
Report Type
Diamond Quality™ Analysis
Shape and Style
CC Square Brilliant
Measurements
5.05 x 5.03 x 3.71 mm
Cut Grade
Color Grade
AGS 3.0 (J)
Clarity Grade
AGS 2 (VVS2)
Carat Weight
Fluorescence
Negligible
Comments
***Because of the many proportion variations in fancy shaped diamonds, you should consult a Certified Gemologist or other qualified gemologist about the proportions of this diamond. The grading of fancy shaped diamonds is under revision.
"AGSL 0009284410" has been inscribed on the girdle of this diamond.
Polish
Ideal
Symmetry
Excellent
Table
56.0%
Crown Angle
Crown Height
15.3%
Girdle
2.4% to 12.5%
Pavilion Angle
Pavilion Depth
53.7%
Total Depth
73.7%

MsShnooks

Shiny_Rock
Not a gemologist to comment on proportions but I do find it very appealing in the video (though the tint isn’t to my personal liking).

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Layman's eyes and all, I think it's really pretty.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, MsShnooks. I'm not very smart with any brilliant cut. Glad you hear you found it appealing. The color doesn't bother me in the least. I would enjoy a J.

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
Hey there!

My friend was choosing between this and a 0.9c color K.. in the exact same cut back in early Dec... She ended up with the 0.9c.

However, she will be unable to advise you on how it looks like in real life.. This is because after 1 month.. it still hasn't arrived in US.

Apparently it is a virtual inventory and needs to be shipped to US. Hence.. Be prepared to wait very long if you are getting this.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
La2020, wow. As mrs.-b says, geez louise. Thank you for the heads up!

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Hey there!

My friend was choosing between this and a 0.9c color K.. in the exact same cut back in early Dec... She ended up with the 0.9c.

However, she will be unable to advise you on how it looks like in real life.. This is because after 1 month.. it still hasn't arrived in US.

Apparently it is a virtual inventory and needs to be shipped to US. Hence.. Be prepared to wait very long if you are getting this.

Just getting them to call me is taking hours. Good gravy. But your friend's .90 looks killer. Let us know what she thinks, please.

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
Did you manage to speak to them? She just told me... No news yet. Ya I am also waiting eagerly for hers to arrive.. As she is a first time JA buyer.. And used my referal code.. This was why I was so involved in the process.

Are you getting this one too? She said she is keen to see yours too when yours arrived! :D

she had a hard time deciding these 2.. but ended up with the bigger one.

Last edited:

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Haven't bought it yet, 10 p.m. talked to a nice woman who'd "never seen one like that" and couldn't tell me where the feather is. I tried B2C but Simon said he can't get this diamond, some agreement with the vendor and JA. He also told me, " Honestly, it seems that the diamond you are looking at might be the best deal in the market. Not sure why, but it's priced much lower than all other similar diamonds. I will still continue to look around and let you know if I find something similar or better for you." This is why I'm loyal to B2C and am very nervous about JA.

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
Haven't bought it yet, 10 p.m. talked to a nice woman who'd "never seen one like that" and couldn't tell me where the feather is. I tried B2C but Simon said he can't get this diamond, some agreement with the vendor and JA. He also told me, " Honestly, it seems that the diamond you are looking at might be the best deal in the market. Not sure why, but it's priced much lower than all other similar diamonds. I will still continue to look around and let you know if I find something similar or better for you." This is why I'm loyal to B2C and am very nervous about JA.

What a coincidence, I was wondering if I should buy from JA instead of B2C. :lol-2:

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
OMG, I am so angry. Buying that Radiant from JA was 4 calls and endless chats. Now they're asking for a business email and several selfies with my credit card! Are you serious?? I called tonight, said I've bought 2 diamonds from Brian Gavin, 2 from Brilliance and 3 from B2C. No one ever asked for this. I've been at this address since 1986. If my approved credit card charge is not enough, keep your diamond. JA - NEVER AGAIN.

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, I am so angry. Buying that Radiant from JA was 4 calls and endless chats. Now they're asking for a business email and several selfies with my credit card! Are you serious?? I called tonight, said I've bought 2 diamonds from Brian Gavin, 2 from Brilliance and 3 from B2C. No one ever asked for this. I've been at this address since 1986. If my approved credit card charge is not enough, keep your diamond. JA - NEVER AGAIN.

Omg.. Why would they do that? I have purchased X2 from JA.. As an overseas buyer.. Everything is smooth.. But I had used bank wire to get more discounts

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
I would love to know. I pay my bills every month. Either they charge my card and ship it or . . . I have revenge in my heart right now. I work a job I hate so I can pay my bills and buy a few things. JA just crapped on me.

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
I would love to know. I pay my bills every month. Either they charge my card and ship it or . . . I have revenge in my heart right now. I work a job I hate so I can pay my bills and buy a few things. JA just crapped on me.

oh dear, this really takes the joy away from purchasing the diamond you would love to own. :(2 .

Maybe you can try to ask for Lauren Wilcox from JA? If i remember correctly, she is a supervisor and might be a better position to explain/advise you.

I encountered a similar experience (with their purchase platform) with Brian Gavin and ended up abandoning my purchase!

Btw my friend just texted me that JA informed her diamond will probably takes 2-3 weeks more to reach her...if you are still keen, i will try to get some photos from her.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Yes, joyless and irritating. But if my money's the wrong color green for JA, there will be other unicorns. Elsewhere. I did check to see if it's still on their website, half expecting to see it for sale again but marked way up.

Funny you mention Brian Gavin. I bought a .30 of his own rounds and later a 1.77 Asscher from his virtual. So I'm signed up and plugged in with BGD and yet I had the worst time paying for that Asscher. I had Leslie on the phone with me and while she was gracious, I was so intimidated. A year later I tried to have them set it in a Sholdt solitaire and they were going to charge me several 100s to set it, over the price of the setting itself. That's when I backed away, haven't gone back.

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes, joyless and irritating. But if my money's the wrong color green for JA, there will be other unicorns. Elsewhere. I did check to see if it's still on their website, half expecting to see it for sale again but marked way up.

Funny you mention Brian Gavin. I bought a .30 of his own rounds and later a 1.77 Asscher from his virtual. So I'm signed up and plugged in with BGD and yet I had the worst time paying for that Asscher. I had Leslie on the phone with me and while she was gracious, I was so intimidated. A year later I tried to have them set it in a Sholdt solitaire and they were going to charge me several 100s to set it, over the price of the setting itself. That's when I backed away, haven't gone back.

I think the radiant you found is beautiful. But I would say that because I have one similar :D This type of radiant really does perform and you get a lot of fire as well as white light.

I hear you on the aggravation about JA's payment processes, I have certainly encountered that myself. But, my understanding is that their onerous procedures are are in place to provide additional security for credit card purchases and not necessarily because they have concerns over your credit rating. They have obviously had issues with credit card fraud on international purchases at some point or another and are trying to prevent future issues.

Not that I'm trying to advocate for JA in any way - I have my frustrations with them too sometimes - but it would be a shame for you to miss out on what could be a really good purchase. They do sometimes have amazing stones that just arent available anywhere else.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
diamondhoarder, thank you for your kind response and encouragement. Maybe I'm just too old and too old-school, but if you doubt my veracity, call me and ask how long with my present employer? (15 years) How long have I owned this house? (35 years, property taxes are public records) Maryland to Wisconsin is hardly international. I'm not giving out my company email address, I work in healthcare and any access is inappropriate.

Glad to learn you think this diamond is beautiful. And whose ring was in front of me as I shopped??? I thought, I won't find perfection as she did, but maybe I can get a smaller version that's appealing. I have an Asscher of the same exact size and I want to make slightly mismatched earrings.

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
@Ibrakeforpossums my friend's square radiant arrived.

It is as sparkly as my James Allen's True Hearts. Unfortunately, she suffered the JA's uneven prong curse.

The yellow tint is not very obvious since the square radiant is set in rose gold.
Here are the photos she sent me.

crooked.jpg

prongs.jpg

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful! What color is it? Looks very white. I didn't know JA often set prongs in this fashion, good to know.
I wound up doing a wire transfer, after offering to for two days, someone finally called me and said, "How about a bank wire transfer?" So I wait while they use my money and wait some more while someone else uses their money.

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Ibrakeforpossums my friend's square radiant arrived.

It is as sparkly as my James Allen's True Hearts. Unfortunately, she suffered the JA's uneven prong curse.

The yellow tint is not very obvious since the square radiant is set in rose gold.
Here are the photos she sent me.

crooked.jpg

prongs.jpg

Beautiful stone!

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful! What color is it? Looks very white. I didn't know JA often set prongs in this fashion, good to know.
I wound up doing a wire transfer, after offering to for two days, someone finally called me and said, "How about a bank wire transfer?" So I wait while they use my money and wait some more while someone else uses their money.

I'm so pleased to hear you decided to go for it. I think you will love the stone, they really are beautiful. Cant wait to see the pics :)

La2020

Brilliant_Rock

Great! Did you get the 0.73 J? Please post the photos once you have received it!

The square radiant in the photos is 0.9c in size and a K in color. the tint is only slightly obvious from the side. From the front, still looks quite white.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I got the .73 J, seems pretty spread for its weight and I have no fear of a tint. Thank you and diamondhoarder for your kind encouragement. Will let you know when it rolls in.

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
I managed to see the square radiant today!
The sparkle is different from the round brilliant ....and I tried to take some IDEAL and ASET scope images too. Since the diamond is already mounted...not sure if I have done the scope correctly.

IDEAL

1.jpg

ASET

2.jpg 3.jpg

nojs

Shiny_Rock
Found this poking around, looking to make a mismatched earring set. It's exactly the same size as the Asscher I bought last fall.
JA sent me the GIA report which also lists an AGSL number as inscribed.

Beautiful stone! How much was this?

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
I am a novice here, but this thread caught my eye and made me curious about how the square brilliant looks in real life. Could someone post a video? What effect does depth in the 72-73% have, other than face up size? I favor round brilliants, so that could be why I find this cut so appealing.

I found another on JA
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...ut/0.72-carat-f-color-si1-clarity-sku-8871960

I was eyeing on this but the SI1, with fractures, held me back. As this wasn't my ring, I am unable to post the videos for you to see. However, if you search for diamondhoarder's post, she has one beautiful ring too and she has also posted videos of it too. Here is my original post with analysis here: https://www.pricescope.com/communit...e-square-radiant-brilliant-cut-please.262357/. The links of diamondhoarder's beautiful purchase is here too.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
The .73 J from James Allen arrived 2/1/21, took me this long to get photos. Mister took great photos with his phone and somehow they got blurry and greasy in my old computer. Anyway, it's alongside the .71 Asscher, which is a true G and the new J is maybe a low J, and I have no idea why they both look yellow in these shots. They both look white during the day and show lots of fire under artificial lights.
They look kind of sad here but the fire from this radiant is something else. I have an idealscope and the arrows are so crisp and regular.

I have to thank Simon from B2C who urged me to buy this even though he couldn't sell it to me. Old world manners and integrity. And I have to thank diamondhoarder for her guidance and encouragement.

Geez, I'm sounding like an awards show now.
radiant.png radiant3.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results