shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion on this Oval Montana Sapphire

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s $1k:/carat with inclusions. How much do clean 2+ carat Montana sapphires go for these days? Also, I would like photos of it in various light sources.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it’s really lovely.
Firstly ask the vendor if any of the fissures are surface reaching. If yes, I probably wouldn’t buy the gem. Surface reaching fissures can affect durability.
Secondly, are you the giver or receiver of the engagement ring? If the giver, please be certain that your intended shares your love of blue/ green sapphires. Not everyone likes them and if your intended is dreaming of a diamond or a pastel blue sapphire then receiving a blue/ green sapphire might disappoint.
The vendor has a no problem return if you don’t like so that’s good.

Reactions: prs

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My first impression is the 2nd stone will be much darker than the first IRL.
I think the money potentially spent for shipping both ways on the first stone is a good investment in learning what it does/shifts in your specific different lighting environments. And how you see the vendor stated all internal feathers, to your eye.
Off of these pictures I prefer the look of the first stone - but if they shift - that’s the huge unknown.
And congratulations on your engagement!
Hope you come back to update us on how this all pans out - plus all the ring setting excitement!

bri2thomp

Rough_Rock
My first impression is the 2nd stone will be much darker than the first IRL.
I think the money potentially spent for shipping both ways on the first stone is a good investment in learning what it does/shifts in your specific different lighting environments. And how you see the vendor stated all internal feathers, to your eye.
Off of these pictures I prefer the look of the first stone - but if they shift - that’s the huge unknown.
And congratulations on your engagement!
Hope you come back to update us on how this all pans out - plus all the ring setting excitement!
What does shift mean? The reason I was thinking the second stone is because it was a darker. Do you think the first stone will look somewhat darker in real life?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What does shift mean? The reason I was thinking the second stone is because it was a darker. Do you think the first stone will look somewhat darker in real life?
Sapphires will always shift colors in different lights, especially Montana sapphires. So that's why it's helpful to see stones IRL.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results