shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion on this James Allen diamond?

teach101

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I would love your opinion about this diamond from James Allen!

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...rat-i-color-vs1-clarity-ideal-cut-sku-4425606

Its color, carat, clarity, and price are all within my target ranges (clarity-wise I can barely spot the imperfections even at this magnification). But cut is super important to me and I want to make absolutely sure my diamond has amazing light performance. JA sent me the idealscope below and you can see an ASET in the AGS report provided on the website.

What do you all think? The diamond seems well cut to my novice eyes, but I'm willing to pay a little more if it guarantees me that extra sparkle. Thanks so much for your help!

4425606.jpg

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
IS and ASET look good to my eyes. On the listing it is currently listed as “Sold” so I hope OP that you have already reserved/purchased it!

teach101

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your reply! Yes I have reserved the stone :)

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like a very nice stone! Please come back with pictures and let us know your thoughts when you receive it!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree; great choice! Please let us know what you think, after you receive it!!! :mrgreen2:

teach101

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your feedback! I am considering spending just a little more to get a hearts and arrows diamond just for the assurance that the light performance will be as good as can be. Do you all think that would make a big difference? Frankly, I'm not so sure why this one isn't considered super ideal.

pfunk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Big difference? Nope. That is a great looking diamond. Spend more on a superideal if you like, and consider the upgrade policies that some superideal vendors offer if an upgrade is something you would be interested in. But visually, I certainly would not expect a big difference.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anyone have any guesses as to why this very similar diamond costs $420 more than the one I posted?

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...rat-i-color-vs1-clarity-ideal-cut-sku-2154034

My *guess* is that the second diamond’s cert - clarity-wise - appears to be a slightly ‘cleaner’ (Original diamond cert notes crystal, cloud, feather, and the 2nd notes only crystal and needle); however, visually - in looking at the rotating videos of both diamonds, I prefer the original/first one you posted. I can see the inclusions reflecting around in the second diamond whereas the first (your original) looks quite clean to my eye. So - if it were me - I’d stick with your original choice for those two reasons (cleaner appearance and you save $420).

Of course, it’s arguable that - at VS1 - you’d likely not see either diamond’s inclusions with the naked eye. But this is my guess, as they both otherwise have near-identical specs, and both score well on HCA with Excellent light return, fire & scintillation and Very Good spread.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results