shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion on this EGL

rhr75

Rough_Rock
Trust me, I've been looking for a while trying to get the right diamond with AGS or GIA certs. Each time I've tried to purchase (from reputable dealers here) the one I've selected is not in stock. I came across a non-USA EGL certed diamond w/ the following specs:

1.02 CT / VVS2 / G / Cut, Polish and Sym all Excellent / HCA score of 1.0 / EGL claim of H&A

Even if I downgrade the clarity and color 2 grades to VS2 / I it still comes in considerably cheaper than a GIA with those marks and similar HCA dimensions. Anything I might be missing?

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
rhr75|1304028531|2907368 said:
Anything I might be missing?
Sure, it might be more than 2 grades different. Then again it might not. The test is simple enough. Buy it and have it graded yourself while you're still within the return period. Read the dealers fine print carefully to be sure you understand. If the dealer has the diamond in stock, ask THEM for an opinion on it.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That, and given the gigantic angle range that can round to a given percent, I don't at all trust the numbers on the report or the cut grade for any analyses of nuances..

The report doesn't make the stone - it is what it is no matter what lab it was sent to. But, in the primary market, a stone w/ a GIA report will trade for more, and all dealers know this.. the fact that it is priced such that GIA stones w/ specs two grades lower are more expensive should be setting off alarm bells, not stars in the eyes. Deals too good to be true are just that - but vendors who are hoping customers buy believing they've scored an "even at worst it's a smokin' deal", whether or not that's true, are a dime a dozen :sick:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Don't search the virtual listings on your own, call the vendors you have tried to work with and ask them to find you some possibilities. The wholesalers often don't update the virtual lists quickly enough, making it hard for consumers to peruse them. So let the vendor do it and then alert you to available possibilities. With GIA or AGS certs ::)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results