shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion on this diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Looking

Rough_Rock
Would love opinions on the quality and price of this round AGS diamond. Here are the specs:
.87 Ct,G, SI, $4,078
Depth: 61.6%
Table: 53%
Crown Angle: 34.5
Pavillion %: 41.0
Culet: Pointed
Girdle: Thin, faceted
No Flourescence

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Looking,If you found this diamond in the internet, the price sounds some $200 high.Another thing you might want to consider: the pavilion angle is a bit deep - 41 deg instead of Tolkowsky's 40.75.Holloway Cut Adviser result for this diamond is 2.2 - Very Good

Looking

Rough_Rock
Well I found a similar diamond on another website (G, SI,.82 carat,AGS Ideal). This one scored "excellent" on the Holloway advisor AND is $500 less than the first one I wrote about. It really pays to shop around. thanks again.

Looking

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for the response. Yes, I saw this on the internet (an internet only seller) Price not withstanding, would this be a nice diamond? I am aware it doesn't rate as excellent on the Holloway advisor but not sure how noticeable the difference would be between one that rates "very good" and one that rates "excellent". I am just learning about diamonds. This site is wonderful.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Looking,Just be prepared that sometimes diamonds listed in the web arfe not always available. There are several reasons for that (on memo, already sold, etc).However, you can expect from a good vendor to find you a similar diamond for the same price.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
The diamond should be very nice, no worries.You just have to realize that this is not the best from AGS-ideal cut. Thus the premium you are paying for the ideal cut should be reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results