shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion on this diamond

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
Hello All! I am considering my last upgrade (an early 40th anniversary gift) Does anyone see any blur in this stone? I love the crown height and color, but I'm wondering if it is a big enough jump in size from my current 1.3 H. I could get closer to a 2 ct, if I went with an I color, but not sure if I would be happy going down in color (I returned a J color in the past because I could see the tint)

I wish there was more selection out there. Thoughts?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No concerns, I think it looks amazing

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Outstanding choice for an upgrade (40 years... amazing milestone!) - I see absolutely nothing concerning with this amazing ACA.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous--completely perfect proportions. I'd have no hesitation with this stone.

Jopdrop

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hello All! I am considering my last upgrade (an early 40th anniversary gift) Does anyone see any blur in this stone? I love the crown height and color, but I'm wondering if it is a big enough jump in size from my current 1.3 H. I could get closer to a 2 ct, if I went with an I color, but not sure if I would be happy going down in color (I returned a J color in the past because I could see the tint)

I wish there was more selection out there. Thoughts?

I personally would go down in colour to go up in size, but I am someone that enjoys diamonds of all colours and tints.
If you’re not sure that it’s a large enough size upgrade I would ask for a video comparing the stone you’re looking at to one the same size as your existing stone. The staff there were very helpful when I asked for this.

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
I think Jopdrop’s suggestion is a great one. Nothing worse than DSS. I also don’t think warmth in a diamond would bother me, but that is subjective.

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
I think Jopdrop’s suggestion is a great one. Nothing worse than DSS. I also don’t think warmth in a diamond would bother me, but that is subjective.

Yes, this is exactly what I am trying to avoid. I experienced that regret for not holding out for exactly what I wanted with my current diamond. I got what was on the low side of my desired range, and it wasn't long before it looked small on my hand. But, I also know myself well enough that I need a mind-clean color.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No blur whatsoever. Picture perfect proportions and all the advanced images to prove it. Plus the fire and brilliance videos look great!

I noticed this is one of the newer ACA’s with GIA report and AGS light performance addendum. Nothing at all wrong with this but I miss the more precise measurements of the original AGS reports. If I were buying I would request a copy of the detailed SARIN report. Not so much to prove quality as I believe it’s already proven but because I’d just like the additional nitty gritty details.

In regards to color, have you asked WF how this stone compares against some of the larger I colored options? As I’m sure you are aware color and clarity grades are ranges. And when talking color the further down the scale the more range in each grade meaning very little difference in D stones but more variance in H stones. Compound those factors with being only a single color grade apart and I think there is a possibility the right I colored stone may work for you.

Comparing new stones is an easy task. Call and ask WF to pull some of the larger I stones and do some side by side photos and videos. Capture top views and side views. If the new H is on the lower range and one of the larger I’s are on the upper range you may not see much difference or any depending on your sensitivity.

The next question would be how your current H stone compares to the new candidates being considered. One option would be to send your original stone in and have them included in the side by side comparisons. Even if the I’s don’t pan out it would give you an idea how your current H compares to the new one.

Or maybe all that is too much work. No shame in your current choice. It’s splendid.

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
That is a good idea regarding the sarin report @sledge . After only having a GIA graded diamond, I came to resent not knowing my diamond's exact (well at least not averaged and rounded) measurements, and was a little disappointed to see the new report format. With Whiteflash's vetting and the images/sarin report to back it up, I feel I can be confident that I am getting the best.

I am new to internet diamond purchasing, and shipping such an expensive item back and forth makes me quite anxious.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@RMOO is your current 1.30 stone a premium select (WF's line that had GIA reports prior to AGS going defunct) or was that stone bought outside the WF ecosystem?

I'm asking because previously I had just assumed the 1.30 was an ACA, premium select or expert select and being traded in under WF's very generous upgrade program in exchange for the new 1.70 H/VS1. In which case you'd already be shipping the existing 1.30 back so it'd just become a matter of timing so that you get your existing stone there with your other contenders to do a solid comparison.

Even if you aren't trading in the 1.30, WF can make arrangements to ship the existing stone/ring back under their label which will include insurance during transit. However, they may charge you a small fee to do so. Or they may do it as a courtesy due to the size of the purchase.

The real take away is you want to do the shipping (both ways) under their label because of the package will be properly insured. Also I might add that WF has a meticulous process for receiving stones to ensure they aren't lost or misplaced. They take this very serious. So while I understand you being nervous, you'd be hard pressed to be in better hands.

Also I wanted to talk about the SARINE report a little more -- be sure to ask for the detailed version. Some of their stones already have the basic report available for download, but the detailed report will provide more info. One example below.

FYI, I initially started looking at this stone as a potential alternate to your 1.70. I love It except the cavity. It's a VS2 stone, fourth on the list and very doubtful it has any significant impact so I am probably being over critical but I just really dislike cavities that much. Otherwise, the stone is a firecracker and very similar to your 1.70 that you've selected. You'd essentially be downgrading to I color and VS2 clarity to get over the 2 carat hump at cost premium of just a few thousand more -- all very reasonable assuming color sensitivity pans out and you have the extra fluff in your budget. But again, that cavity. Argh!

Screenshot 2023-03-15 at 10.49.41 PM.png

This is the BASIC version of the SARINE report that is downloadable with some of their stones. To get the detailed version, you have to request WF provide it for you.
Screenshot 2023-03-15 at 10.52.17 PM.png

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
@sledge , my 1.30 was purchased outside the WF system, however I did chat with them a while ago about the possibility of WF taking it in, with the purchase of a bigger diamond. So I know the potential is there. I let my hold expire on the 1.71, because I do think I want to get closer to the 2 carat mark to make the $$ loss on my 1.3 trade worth it. You are right, it does make sense to ship it to them, for that last comparison, to really make sure I get it right this time.

I got a comparison video that I will post here in case it will help someone else. It has me rethinking my color tolerance.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@RMOO thanks for the additional clarification. To be clear I am not advocating either way on the potential trade of the 1.30. That is only a decision you can make. However, I agree that if you decide to keep it’s worth a few bucks in shipping to have the confidence of color. Alternatively maybe you could visit the WF showroom in Sugarland, TX (near Houston). If you do a visit maybe they could photo/video your existing stone so you’d have a comparison for later if you don’t buy immediately. Just a thought.

I appreciate you sharing that video. Be sure to ask for a side view comparison as well. More info explained in the article below. However, you can see how super ideals face up very white. It’s the body views where you see nuances of color.

2AEC8472-F258-43AD-B95D-0156892624F9.jpeg

C9CAF01A-B29A-4204-BB21-E0105F406B0C.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results