shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion on this diamond

drad

Rough_Rock
My boyfriend bought this diamond for my engagement ring. He did his research on Price Scope and we think it's a pretty good diamond but wanted to get everyone's opinion. We are having troubles getting it into the setting I want (it's to small to make it work) we wanted a smaller higher quality diamond but might have to drop the quality a bit to get it to work with the setting I want.

Shape: Round
Report: AGS
Carat: 0.748
Color: E
Clarity: VS1 (It has a small cloud and a scratch on the pavilion)
Measurements: 5.83×5.86×3.59
Lab Cut Grade: Ideal
Light Performance: Ideal
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Table %: 56.7
Depth %: 61.4
Crown %: 15.0
Crown Angle: 34.9
Star %: 51.0
Pav Angle: 40.9
Pavillion %: 43.2
Lower Girdle %: 77.0
Girdle Min-Max %: 1.0-3.6
Girdle: Thin to Medium Faceted
Culet: Pointed
Fluorescence: Negligible

3_23.jpg 2_29.jpg 1_33.jpg

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous!

oneam

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I agree, the stone is gorgeous. I'd see about having the setting altered to fit the stone. If it wasn't possible I'd drop color and clarity a teeny bit to make the stone fit.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Nice stone but you might want to drop down in color and clarity if you are trying to get closer to 1 ct.

drad

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone! I wanted a similar halo to tacori 2620 but we had to go with slightly less diamonds in the halo. I trust that Brian will make a great ring. It's hard to look at CADs because everything is so blown up it seems thick and clunky. I'm excited to see the finished product! As for dropping the colour and clarity by bf was against going below VS1 and I didn't want to go below E. The 1ct diamonds within the spec we wanted were 12K+ and while I see no problem with that price my bf thought it was crazy.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
drad|1317727912|3032788 said:
Thanks everyone! I wanted a similar halo to tacori 2620 but we had to go with slightly less diamonds in the halo. I trust that Brian will make a great ring. It's hard to look at CADs because everything is so blown up it seems thick and clunky. I'm excited to see the finished product! As for dropping the colour and clarity by bf was against going below VS1 and I didn't want to go below E. The 1ct diamonds within the spec we wanted were 12K+ and while I see no problem with that price my bf thought it was crazy.

It's a lovely stone, and sounds like a good compromise on the setting :sun:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results