shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion on this cad picture of the ring

Oberst

Shiny_Rock
I'm working with Denise at Idj to make the ring for my 2 ct round, I got this cad pictures today but I'm thinking maybe it's cleaner if I drop the stones and have the same ring with only platinum. Is the cad picture very close to how the ring is going too look like? Didn't like the pictures of this one so much but maybe it's going too be different in "live"

_5854.jpeg

_5855.jpeg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Oberst

Shiny_Rock
The thing is I don't think she's completely know what she likes, she love the minimalistic look.. And I'm not sure if that's going to be in a plain polished platinum ring, or it will be with diamonds around.. She have seen some micro pave rings on IG on LaurenB she loved, but also many she didn't like because the diamonds around was a bit much.. So that's why I'm thinking its a safer bet to get a really nice plain platinum solitaire?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree. A plain solitaire will give her more wedding band choices. I would flatten the shank. Make it 2mm wide and it will be classic and minimalist. You already have a lovely large diamond. Let it be the star!

I know they are doing a CAD for you. But I would ask them to have their handforged bench do the fabricating of the ring.

Oberst

Shiny_Rock
I dont really know the different with cad and handforge, I can search and read a couple of post here in the forum.. I'm talking with Denise about a 1.8mm, you don't think that will work? The main thing my girl is admiring is a very thin ring so I read that 1.8 is the thinnest I can go and still be safe

Oberst

Shiny_Rock
Here is a pic of similar ring with only platinum

_5864.jpeg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
2mm is safer per Gypsy. To make it look thinner, yet be comfortable, ask for the outer shank to be knife edge, but softened, rounder knife edge, so it's not as pointy, tapers and looks slimmer, but is still comfortable in between fingers.

Oberst

Shiny_Rock
PintoBean|1473986955|4077183 said:
2mm is safer per Gypsy. To make it look thinner, yet be comfortable, ask for the outer shank to be knife edge, but softened, rounder knife edge, so it's not as pointy, tapers and looks slimmer, but is still comfortable in between fingers.
Can you please post a picture of a ring that looks like what you describe? Thank you

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, so the shank is too round. I would square that off.

And yes, you have a 8mm 2 carat stone. You MUST have a 2mm shank. Do not go thinner. It will bend and warp. You want this to be a forever ring for her.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results