shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion on this 60/60 diamond ?

Suki

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone!

I’m new here and would really like some advice on this diamond I found on James Allen.

It doesn’t come with an ideal scope image but has a HCA score of 1.7.

I read a lot of posts on 60/60 diamonds here and some of the combos can be fine based on what I read… Is this one okay?!

Thank you all so much in advance!

Here’s the link to the diamond: https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...-color-vs1-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-14327810

BF757BF9-E49F-449D-B5F7-61258B8FCF19.jpeg

Attachments

• B6B8ACB6-F7A4-4F95-9DCD-3CB0810D440F.jpeg
    B6B8ACB6-F7A4-4F95-9DCD-3CB0810D440F.jpeg
    104.2 KB · Views: 14
  • B1797ED5-6A75-47DE-937F-7E426F0B794A.jpeg
    B1797ED5-6A75-47DE-937F-7E426F0B794A.jpeg
    104.9 KB · Views: 13

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks to be a very nice 60/60 -- should be a bright and beautiful diamond -- are you buying it loose or having it mounted before delivery?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a beautiful diamond. Are you specifically looking for a 60/60 stone?

Suki

Rough_Rock
Looks to be a very nice 60/60 -- should be a bright and beautiful diamond -- are you buying it loose or having it mounted before delivery?

Hello! Thank you so much for your reply!
After reading a lot of posts here, I was concerned about the 60 table. So it is very nice to know this one is okay!

It will be mounted in my platinum setting. :)

Suki

Rough_Rock
It's a beautiful diamond. Are you specifically looking for a 60/60 stone?

Thank you for your reply!

No, I am not looking specifically for one. It just happened that the one I am interested in has this ratio. I was actually kind of worried because I know the table is bigger than the ideal range and a lot of posts here have concerns about 60/60 diamonds. That’s why I decided to ask for some advice. It is really nice to know that you think it is a good one! :)

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to PriceScope, Suki!
Ask if they can get an ASET image of it...that's the only way I would recommend dealing with a 60/60 style cut. Last thing you want is to get it and find out areas of it are static or it blows light out of the pavilion.

As a potential alternative with the same 7.36mm spread, if it fits your budget:

Buying from Whiteflash gives you a lot of perks and advantages. You'll be getting a diamond that has been custom cut to very tight specifications, no doubts to the light return and performance, human vetting, and a far superior upgrade program...JA requires at least double the original purchase price whereas WF has no minimums other than the replacement/upgrade must be of equal or higher value.
They even offer a 50% trade-in credit for certain settings, if you wish to change things up in that department!

Last edited:

Suki

Rough_Rock
Ask if they can get an ASET image of it...that's the only way I would recommend dealing with a 60/60 style cut. Last thing you want is to get it and find out areas of it are static or it blows light out of the pavilion.

Buying from Whiteflash gives you a lot of perks and advantages. You'll be getting a diamond that has been custom cut to very tight specifications, no doubts to the light return and performance, human vetting, and a far superior upgrade program...JA requires at least double the original purchase price whereas WF has no minimums other than the replacement/upgrade must be of equal or higher value.
They even offer a 50% trade-in credit for certain settings, if you wish to change things up in that department!

Oh wow! I wish we knew this earlier. This diamond I posted is actually an upgrade I’m working on with JA currently. They do not have anything other than lab report and 360 image for it…

Do you know if it is possible to generate potential ASET image based on the numbers alone?

Whiteflash really sounds like a great company! Maybe I will consider just get a different one from them and keep my current stone. Their upgrade policy is unreal! I cannot believe they don’t require 2x the price!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whiteflash really sounds like a great company! Maybe I will consider just get a different one from them and keep my current stone. Their upgrade policy is unreal! I cannot believe they don’t require 2x the price!

If you can afford to do that, many people on the forum have done just that. WF has one of the most generous upgrade policies in the business, so it's better to do it now rather than later after you've spent double a time or two at another vendor.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

Oh wow! I wish we knew this earlier. This diamond I posted is actually an upgrade I’m working on with JA currently. They do not have anything other than lab report and 360 image for it…

Do you know if it is possible to generate potential ASET image based on the numbers alone?

If you don't mind sharing: what are you trading in and what is your out of pocket max for the upgrade? JA has a pretty stout selection of diamonds, so we can definitely help you scour through their inventory and find you some promising options.

Suki

Rough_Rock

That diamond you shared is superb! And almost the same price as the 60/60 I posted… The only difference is I only have to pay half at JA since it’s an upgrade.. yet for a diamond not as good :/

Suki

Rough_Rock
If you can afford to do that, many people on the forum have done just that. WF has one of the most generous upgrade policies in the business, so it's better to do it now rather than later after you've spent double a time or two at another vendor.

I guess now I have to think about how to persuade my hubby :lol-2:

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
ahum if I may....
That is a very problematic statement.
There is nothing wrong with 60/60 diamonds in general that are in the sweet range for them to elicit such a response any more than the tolk range.

Now if you had said there are areas of the diamond in the picture that raise the potential of an issue(twist) then your in the ballpark. A video and is/aset would be next.

Suki

Rough_Rock
If you don't mind sharing: what are you trading in and what is your out of pocket max for the upgrade? JA has a pretty stout selection of diamonds, so we can definitely help you scour through their inventory and find you some promising options.

Oh wow! Thank you so much. I will attach an image of what we’re trading in.

We were extremely under research at the time haha but I really have feelings towards it so it was very hard for me to decide whether to upgrade or not.

The upgrade will have to be at least 8600+ and we’re trying not to go over 9000 if possible.
49F46E49-693D-47BA-A9F6-52F41D1065B4.jpeg

Last edited:

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I missed the video link but at my computer I saw it. I took a look at the video and do recommend asking for an IS or aset image due to potential twist in the pavilion.

Suki

Rough_Rock
I missed the video link but at my computer I saw it. I took a look at the video and do recommend asking for an IS or aset image due to potential twist in the pavilion.

Hello! Thank you so much for your reply.

Here’s the link : https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...1-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-14327810?a_aid=ps

I asked for the ideal scope image but they do not have one on file :(2

Do you know if it is possible to generate a potential ASET images just from the numbers?

Last edited:

Suki

Rough_Rock

That’s is very true! I really have to think about this :think:

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How is this as an alternative?

Suki

Rough_Rock
tough one, there appears to be some twist on the lower facets. In other words some of them are shifted in 3d in relation to each other.
What I can not tell is if it is bad enough to be a big deal or not.

Do you know if it is possible to generate a potential ASET images just from the numbers? :think:

Suki

Rough_Rock
How is this as an alternative?

I saw that one!!! I honestly picked the one I posted because it looks so much whiter than other K. It is probably due to the strong fluorescent. I don’t know if that is worth going with the bigger table though.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Do you know if it is possible to generate a potential ASET images just from the numbers? :think:
yes, it would look good but nothing like the real one for the stone would.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw that one!!! I honestly picked the one I posted because it looks so much whiter than other K. It is probably due to the strong fluorescent. I don’t know if that is worth going with the bigger table though.

I missed the strong fluorescence, but you're right about the color--the one you picked is a lot whiter. The 60/60 proportions favoring white light return will help it face up whiter as well.

Suki

Rough_Rock
I missed the strong fluorescence, but you're right about the color--the one you picked is a lot whiter. The 60/60 proportions favoring white light return will help it face up whiter as well.

Ahh interesting! So yes I am very interested in it because of the color. It’s almost like getting a I or even H color stone (I compared lol) just more budget friendly. I know the table is too big but I just keep coming back because of the color. :lol-2:

Do you think it is worth a try?!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahh interesting! So yes I am very interested in it because of the color. It’s almost like getting a I or even H color stone (I compared lol) just more budget friendly. I know the table is too big but I just keep coming back because of the color. :lol-2:

Do you think it is worth a try?!

Yes, definitely! James Allen has a great return policy. IMO there's no downside to checking it out. You could even buy your own ASET scope to verify the light return once you receive it.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow! Thank you so much. I will attach an image of what we’re trading in.

We were extremely under research at the time haha but I really have feelings towards it so it was very hard for me to decide whether to upgrade or not.

The upgrade will have to be at least 8600+ and we’re trying not to go over 9000 if possible.
49F46E49-693D-47BA-A9F6-52F41D1065B4.jpeg

Here is the link to your original diamond:

The good news is that an upgrade that is properly proportioned is going to blow this one out of the water for brilliance, fire, and scintillation.

And here's an AGS Triple Zero (their best cut grade) 1.29 J VVS2 with a perfect Ideal-Scope image:

Suki

Rough_Rock
Yes, definitely! James Allen has a great return policy. IMO there's no downside to checking it out. You could even buy your own ASET scope to verify the light return once you receive it.

Thank you so much! I will definitely look into that!!!

Suki

Rough_Rock
Here is the link to your original diamond:

The good news is that an upgrade that is properly proportioned is going to blow this one out of the water for brilliance, fire, and scintillation.

And here's an AGS Triple Zero (their best cut grade) 1.29 J VVS2 with a perfect Ideal-Scope image:

Wow! That diamond does have a great idealscope image! However the price is not enough for the upgrade… has to be 8600+

I had to skip couple good ones because of that :confused2:

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Sorry about that! Apparently, I need to start drinking coffee before bedtime...

Nothing jumps out at me right now.
JA inventory changes often, so keep checking.

If you are able to save up some more and increase your budget, then that may help open up some more doors.
Here are a couple of examples of doing so:

Suki

Rough_Rock

I see!

Since James Allen doesn’t have the actual thing, is there a website or software that you can reform me to? So I can at least have an idea? :think: Thank you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results