shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion on these two ebay sellers for jewelry?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jjtrindc

Rough_Rock
Was curious what folks thought of these two eBay sellers for Circle Pendants. Both have a history of good feedback. Appraisals, obviously, are high. But, do the prices seem good or too unbelievable??

As an FYI, I''m in the market for a circle pendant that''s approximately 1/2 carat tw, 3/4-1 inch in diameter with specs in the range of H color and I1 clarity. Thanks in advance:

http://stores.ebay.com/BuyDazzle_Pendants_Circles_W0QQcolZ2QQdirZQ2d1QQfsubZ3694755QQftidZ2QQtZkm

http://stores.ebay.com/Jewelry-and-Diamonds-Store_Diamond-Pendants_Circle-of-Love-Diamond-Pendant_W0QQcolZ2QQdirZ1QQfsubZ5781232QQftidZ2QQtZkm

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Feeback Shmeedback!

I'd never buy jewelry on eBay.

Period.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are a couple from Whiteflash, a well respected vendor. Buying from e-bay is always risky, and there have been SOOOOOO many horror stories, so I'm just giving you a non-ebay option.

link

circle1.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And another. link

circle2.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I probably wouldn''t risk ebay for jewelry either. If the price is too good to be true, it usually is, why would someone in the business to make money sell things at a loss? Dee jay gave you good example from WF. just about any of the vendors here sell something similar since the circle pendant style is so popular right now. Stick with a reputable vendor with a good return policy.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
if you have money to lose, go for it.
you can buy better and safer.
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t like buying jewelry on ebay. Too much risk, and it''s a hassle getting your money back!!!

crowmama

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/6/2006 11:13:49 AM
Author: kenny
Feeback Shmeedback!

I''d never buy jewelry on eBay.

Period.
You CAN buy jewelry on eBay, but you have to be very, VERY careful. I looked at the two stores, and I wouldn''t buy from those eBay vendors. They''re saying that, for example, they''re offering I2 clarity, and there''s no way to really indicate what quality of workmanship there is. Plus, when the vendor uses the same photo over and over again, I get turned off because I want to see EXACTLY what I''m getting.

Off the top of my head, some guidelines I use to determine if something on eBay is worth a bid:

1) item location and address to mail payment to must be the same
2) must accept VISA/MC over the phone, in addition to an online checkout
3) the photo has to be the exact same item of what the winner will receive in the mail
4) if the price is too good to be true, it''s probably something shady. Someone with a quality 18k gold item will not have a "buy it now" for $100, because even at auction the genuine item is worth more than that.
5) there has to be a 100% money back guarantee in the same method as payment was made.

That said, caveat emptor. Read the entire auction, and compare details at the head of the page, as well as the footer. Ask questions of the seller about the item. Research what you want to buy (i.e., what makes a good diamond, what hallmarks there should be for plat, 18k, and other metals, etc.)

There are alot of quality things on eBay that come about due to unusual circumstances. One that comes to mind immediately (since I was shopping for a semi mount) was a Scott Kay platinum semi mount that a guy was selling on eBay because he and his fiance broke up. The engagement diamond belonged to her family, so it was removed, and he had an agreement with his former-fi to split the auction $$$ . He had a buy it now of $500, I think, which was a steal (the same setting on Pearlmans was around $2500, if I remember correctly).

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Great comments crowmama! Those are some very useful rules-of-thumb! The only thing I would add is to understand the "neutral" feedback and definitely read the "negative" feedback.

I looked at the Sellers too - I wouldn''t buy from them. I suppose it depends on the level of quality you want/expect.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Too risky for me, I wouldn''t do it. I would do a search for ebay here and you can read some horror stories. Many indiividuals have come here to say how they have gotten ripped off on ebay. They buy an item and then realize the quality is very low, and have troubles returning it to the vendor.

jjtrindc

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone for your very helpful comments! I had a nagging feeling about those two sellers and this has helped me confirm. I''ve been scrolling through the Diamond Vendors listed in the Resources section and found some interesting options.

I also contacted 5th Ave Jewelers who has come up in other forums as a reputable ebay seller. If anyone else knows a reputable seller on ebay, please share as a resource to others.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/6/2006 1:23:56 PM
Author: jjtrindc
Thank you everyone for your very helpful comments! I had a nagging feeling about those two sellers and this has helped me confirm. I''ve been scrolling through the Diamond Vendors listed in the Resources section and found some interesting options.

I also contacted 5th Ave Jewelers who has come up in other forums as a reputable ebay seller. If anyone else knows a reputable seller on ebay, please share as a resource to others.
5th Ave Jewelers does have a good rep on here.

widget

Ideal_Rock
If anyone else knows a reputable seller on ebay, please share as a resource to others.
Diamondsbylauren...absolutely trustworthy.

widget

crowmama

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/6/2006 1:33:15 PM
Author: widget

If anyone else knows a reputable seller on ebay, please share as a resource to others.
Diamondsbylauren...absolutely trustworthy.

widget

Hey! She''s still selling the booger diamond (I posted about it awhile ago..) . She''s certainly honest about her wares!

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-20-Radiant-Diamond-GIA-calls-it-I1-we-call-it-booger_W0QQitemZ120059645217QQihZ002QQcategoryZ3824QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Good question. I haven't heard heard of either of those two sellers. I know some people here have bought from 5th ave jewels though and been happy with what they got.
As far as buying jewelry on Ebay goes I wouldn't spend too much money AND I would make sure that the seller offers no questions money back, as has already been mentioned. I have bought several items of jewelry on Ebay but none of them were very expensive. each time I guess there was some risk involved but I've been happy all three times. Two were antique sterling items, pearl earrings from the 1920s and a pendant with a pale stone that might be an amethyst and has really nice silver work, and most recently an antique gold and paladium ring with a mystery stone. None were over $50.00 and I would buy similar things again if I saw something I liked.

I'm also an Ebay seller but I don't sell jewelry. I sell things now and again for fun and extra cash.

momof3

Rough_Rock
another good way to check on ebay is to search for your item and check the "completed auctions" box on the left side, then you can see what the item you are looking for is selling at...

the vendor looks cheesy and seem to have a car sales personality (hehe if ebay sellers have a personality type) not emphasizing quality but pushing their inventory and low price, that to me is sketchy - especially if you are pricescope junky, you will not likely be pleased with the quality.

i recently purchased a rolex for my hubby on ebay so i''m comfortable making large purchases - but only after a ton of research and learn how to spot the fakers and people who look disreputable...lots and lots of bad vendors have GOOD feedback, in fact have you seen any w/ bad?

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/6/2006 1:36:52 PM
Author: crowmama

Hey! She''s still selling the booger diamond (I posted about it awhile ago..) . She''s certainly honest about her wares!
LOL...it''s a "He". I''ve bought a couple of things from him and have been delighted: accurately described, and VERY fairly priced.

I definitely endorse him and his product....his sense of humor? I''m not so sure!
2.gif

widget

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The other excellent vendor who sells on ebay is Signed Pieces/Facets.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results