carat
color
clarity

Opinion on these crafted by Infinity diamonds

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
9D3FB5D2-271B-4A65-AC8C-419C89EFD507.png

I’m nearly certain that there is not a dark inclusion where BF circled it, and that it’s a camera reflection or something (because obviously I grilled them when I bought the SI2). But perhaps you should call Wink to be sure.

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks for the explanation.
So would I be correct in saying black background - older setup
White background - more accurate newer setup
100%. That's an easier way to say everything I said above.

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
9D3FB5D2-271B-4A65-AC8C-419C89EFD507.png

I’m nearly certain that there is not a dark inclusion where BF circled it, and that it’s a camera reflection or something (because obviously I grilled them when I bought the SI2). But perhaps you should call Wink to be sure.

@whitewave, that crystal in the video lines up with what is in the grading report for the 0.648 E VS2

7ECEFCA3-7A83-41C3-8B79-70A5376155C5.png

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@whitewave, that crystal in the video lines up with what is in the grading report for the 0.648 E VS2

7ECEFCA3-7A83-41C3-8B79-70A5376155C5.png

But it is likely reflecting a dark object because CBI doesn’t have dark inclusions in their brand. I obviously don’t speak for them and maybe it’s changed, but as a rule, CBI doesn’t have dark inclusions. But, OP would have to speak to wink about that specific diamond.

A clear inclusion will likely not be noticed, even by the most eagle eyed person because of the scintillation and fire of the diamonds.

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
But it is likely reflecting a dark object because CBI doesn’t have dark inclusions in their brand. I obviously don’t speak for them and maybe it’s changed, but as a rule, CBI doesn’t have dark inclusions. But, OP would have to speak to wink about that specific diamond.

A clear inclusion will likely not be noticed, even by the most eagle eyed person because of the scintillation and fire of the diamonds.

Could be an issue with the types of rough coming in these days.

And just to be clear, white/clear inclusions are the best of all. Don’t affect transparency and they are really well hidden in amongst the brilliance and fire produced by a MRB with super ideal proportions and cut.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Could be an issue with the types of rough coming in these days.

And just to be clear, white/clear inclusions are the best of all. Don’t affect transparency and they are really well hidden in amongst the brilliance and fire produced by a MRB with super ideal proportions and cut.

CBI is super picky with rough, and if you look at their inventory, they have very few Si1 and below, so I don’t think there is any problem with the rough. (I prefer the price break from the SIs so I troll their inventory often lol)

They currently have 257 diamonds and 52 are SIs. This is why they don’t have a ton of inventory. Paul is choosy.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @JackBauer. :geek2: I'm delighted you're seeing CBIs, you're in for a great experience. Who are you seeing them with? Durham Rose or Diamond House? Super exciting! Please take lots of photos!

I would recommend seeing them all without being told which is which. Ask to see them in as many lighting settings as you possible can (outside, under the table, inside under different types of lights, next to the window etc).

Get up close and personal with your eyes.

Decide based on that. :geek2:

I would also wonder whether there are any F options that might float your boat. I've just had a look, I can see in your budget there is only one... But oh my god this would be my choice. :love: Look at the crown and pavilion angles!

https://www.hpdiamonds.com/en-us/diamonddetail/HPD10158

Good luck!

Yes, primo. I have 2 CBIs with 34.5/40.8 combo.

EncikG

Shiny_Rock
The earthquake you felt in Idaho was @Wink Jones jumping for joy when we informed him ...Rather than producing and editing these in-house, a professional diamond lab is making them using a standardized platform. We feel they become an objective extension of independent grading this way.

Thanks for the historical perspective.
I felt the earthquake on this side of the world too :lol:

JackBauer

Rough_Rock
Loving the chatter on this board!

@whitewave
The future Mrs has slim slender fingers and wears a UK size G1/2. We have tried a few carat sizes and between 0.5 and 0.6 always suits her best, but more towards the 0.5 size.

@Lykame
Thank you for your on-going advice. I too am very excited to be seeing these diamonds tomorrow and I will definitely look at the diamonds in as many lighting conditions as possible.
I am seeing the diamond with Diamond House. Durham Rose work out to be a lot more expensive on the setting as they only work on custom settings with a minimum price of around £1k. Diamond House in comparison were able to source a platinum setting to my specification for £500. The diamond price is around the same including VAT since they're purchased from the same place.

I will do my best to take pictures and share them with you tomorrow.

I originally requested an F but there were no F size diamonds available below 0.6 carat so we decided to look at the E's they had. The price difference wasn't much and the Mrs doesn't want to go above 0.6 as it looks too big on her very slim fingers. I think 0.56 will be the winner tomorrow but let's see!

@John Pollard
Tis my pleasure. Consider it thanks for making available such lovely diamonds for us guys to buy :)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wait, I’m back to thinking it’s the inclusion. I can only see it if I hold it a certain way. But let me clean some more....
Do that 5 more X
filenails.gif
and your stone will become IF clarity!...:wink2:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do that 5 more X
filenails.gif
and your stone will become IF clarity!...:wink2:

As my mum used to say: if If was a skiff, we’d go for a ferry boat ride

(I have no idea the origin of that saying lol)

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Loving the chatter on this board!

@whitewave
The future Mrs has slim slender fingers and wears a UK size G1/2. We have tried a few carat sizes and between 0.5 and 0.6 always suits her best, but more towards the 0.5 size.

@Lykame
Thank you for your on-going advice. I too am very excited to be seeing these diamonds tomorrow and I will definitely look at the diamonds in as many lighting conditions as possible.
I am seeing the diamond with Diamond House. Durham Rose work out to be a lot more expensive on the setting as they only work on custom settings with a minimum price of around £1k. Diamond House in comparison were able to source a platinum setting to my specification for £500. The diamond price is around the same including VAT since they're purchased from the same place.

I will do my best to take pictures and share them with you tomorrow.

I originally requested an F but there were no F size diamonds available below 0.6 carat so we decided to look at the E's they had. The price difference wasn't much and the Mrs doesn't want to go above 0.6 as it looks too big on her very slim fingers. I think 0.56 will be the winner tomorrow but let's see!

@John Pollard
Tis my pleasure. Consider it thanks for making available such lovely diamonds for us guys to buy :)

You're welcome. :geek2: That makes a lot of sense! Your future fiancée has TINY fingers oh my god. And if in the future she feels she can tolerate bigger then CBI has a great upgrade policy... :twisted2: But to be honest the diamond you choose is going to be so beautiful it would be hard to swap especially when used for such a beautiful and special occasion! :kiss2:

That's interesting info about the two CBI sources in the UK. I went specifically for a custom setting and had various routes along the way when we were already in pretty deep together... And still came out with a custom setting. I think it's very wise to use as much of your budget on the stone as possible so it sounds like the best choice. I've heard people have good experiences with Céline but there aren't (m)any reviews on here so looking forward to your review too!

Have a great time! I am so excited for you!

JackBauer

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

So my future Mrs is shortly going to be the proud owner of a 0.56 E VS2, CBI diamond!
We placed the order today and are hoping to receive the final product in the next couple of weeks.

As mentioned previously, I have been dealing with Diamond House Jewellery and I'd like to share my experience so far.
We arrived at the Royal Exchange building in London and were promptly greeted by Celine who is lovely and professional. We spent almost an hour and 15 minutes looking at the 3 diamonds that Celine had brought with her, along with a selection of settings that matched a specification I had already provided and also a selection of wedding bands.

Celine started off by taking us through the 4 C's which was great as my future Mrs wasn't aware of most of the detail.
Next Celine showed us 2 diamonds side by side, one a 0.9 CBI diamond and the other a 1 carat average cut diamond. We looked at both in natural light and the 0.9 carat looked like the bigger diamond! Cut makes that much difference! The 0.9 was also extremely clear vs the 1 carat which appeared dull and dark. It was an eye opening demonstration.

We then proceeded to look at the 3 CBI diamonds we had on hold, all as beautiful as each other. Side by side we had the 0.56, 0.6 and the 0.64. The only visual difference was carat size as all were E colour and eye clean VS2 clarity. When put together we could only tell the size difference between the 0.56 and the 0.64. Any other combination of diamond had too subtle a carat size change to detect. The 0.6 had an inclusion that may have been visible from the side so Celine suggested we could have the diamond set so that the claws would cover this. Of the 3 diamonds, the 0.56 was the best VS2 and to be honest, the size difference was so subtle between the 3, we opted for the cheaper, cleaner 0.56 diamond. It was in line with our budget and between 0.5 and 0.6 carat which we knew we wanted to buy.
It looked gorgeous in the classic setting Celine had brought along which is a 1.9mm 4 claw platinum band.

I forgot to take a look at the diamonds using a loupe but they were definitely eye clean. Literally couldn't tell any of them apart or see anything out of the ordinary, even underneath. I forgot to ask to view them using the ASET or IDEAL scope images :s ... not that I'd know what to look for lol.

The diamond with the setting is costing us £3060 ($3854) including VAT and I left a deposit of £1000 via wire transfer. The ex-VAT price of the diamond is £2,162 ($2,692) and the ex-VAT price of the setting is £350 ($472) for those interested. By my calculations it works out to be cheaper than if I had bought from Whiteflash/HPDiamonds/BrianGavin taking into account the more expensive prices of their settings and then the 22% extra on the total price I'd have to pay to get it to the UK.

What you see below is the pictures I took using my Galaxy S10 camera of both the diamond and the setting we chose. The first picture is taken with flash, the others are not. We were considering that wedding band you see too but we left it to decide later. It's really hard to focus on diamonds for a good photo. Also, the diamond is obviously not set in the setting as yet so it was moving about a lot. The platinum setting was also too big for my future Mrs who is a H1/2 but I hope the below does the diamond justice.

What do you think? ...

20190702_135912.jpg 20190702_142228.jpg 20190702_142232.jpg 20190702_142415.jpg 20190702_142417.jpg

Last edited:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wonderful!!!:appl:

My original ER was a .75 (now a pendant) 1993 non graded standard diamond.

When I wore the .56g as a solitaire, I couldn’t go over how to me, it looked nearly as large as the .75 appearance wise. I would say it looked more like a .68-.70 size. Blew me away

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE the diamond and classic setting. Yay!

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
@JackBauer, honestly, perfection! :love: Seems like you have made the very best choice for you and your future Mrs! That stone is going to knock everyone's socks off!

I also think considering high street prices you have got that diamond and platinum setting at a really reasonable price. Seriously. Delighted for you! Looking forward to post setting pictures and multiple post proposal pictures!

What was Céline's office like? Did you have the opportunity to view it in multiple lighting settings?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results