shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion on Silver Bangle

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What do you all think of this silver bangle?

I have a very pure silver bangle that is etched with chinese characters representing love, long life and good luck that I love and wore it so much that it has worn thin enough to break at one of the 3 etched characters. I've had it fixed twice already and the etching is no longer as clear and beautiful as when I first bought it. I am looking for a comparably beautiful piece to "replace" its place on my wrist.

Is it true that if silver is worn everyday it will never tarnish? My mother claims my silver bangle cannot be silver because it is so white and shiny like platinum. However, since I've put it away in my drawer, it has taken a yellowish brown overtone.

UB33700600_zoom.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Halooooo......Anybody there?

Is this thing pretty? Ugly? Have you seen a better looking etched silver bangle?

(As you can see I am not known for my patience
9.gif
)

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
What a pretty bangle! No idea if it's true that silver really doesn't tarnish with constant wear, but a quick swipe with one of those jewelery cleaner impregnated cloths should do the trick. Sorry to not be much help.
Lisa

foxglove

Rough_Rock
This is a very beautiful (and cute) bangle!!
1.gif

I love silver bangles (as opposed to chained bracelets).. where can you get this one? I love the little flowers.
1.gif

Hmm.. interesting question about the tarnish thing. I would have thought that sweat would speed up the process as opposed to hinder it? Maybe I should do an experiment and wear mine all the time..
1.gif

foxglove

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I think whether silver jewelry stays shiny when you wear it depends on your body chemistry. But you don't sweat much on your wrists, so a bracelet has a good chance.

I think that's a pretty bracelet. It looks as though there's a place on the front intended for someone to engrave a name there. Maybe you could have the three Chinese characters engraved in that spot.

I say go for it.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is where I saw it for sale:
Silver Bangle

Yes, Glitterata, that bare spot is where one can engrave a name. It seems kinda of corny to engrave my name when I've racked up so many years in age. Plus I doubt Blue Nile knows how to engrave Chinese characters.

Any suggestions what nice/meaningful wording I can put on for a more "mature" lady?

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am just a consumer so maybe someone in the trade could answer regarding silver not tarnishing as much when being worn. I have noticed this also with silver pieces I have and then when I put them away they tarnish.

I wondered myself if it was because silver is quite a soft metal, so when wearing it would I be continually scratching away bits of the surface thus keeping it shiny. I don't know though.
But there again I have noticed this with earrings also and they do not get much wear when being worn.

I would be interested to know the answer to this also.

I like the bangle you chose also. I am sure any jeweller who does engraving would be able to engrave the chinese characters on the bangle if you showed them the characters on your other bangle.

BTO

Rough_Rock
I'm not sure if this is true or not, but literature that was included with piece of sterling jewlery I bought said the best way to keep your silver from tarnishing is to wear it. That the natural oils in your skin help prevent tarnish. But to avoid contact with perfumes, etc. Not sure how valid that is, and I am just a consumer, but figured I'd chime in.
wink2.gif

brandy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results